Listening to Air Traffic Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been listing to ATC for 30 yrs. My 25 yr old scanners tell me who, what, & where an aircaft will land/takeoff so I can get "the shot". I agree with Peter. It is luck (with scanner help) that makes this hobby fun. Isn't that what its all about? Comments?

shamrock145hvy

Comment

I use a Uniden SC150B, nice rugged scanner thats easy to use. I want to find out how to get a bigger antenna for some more reception though..

-Clovis

Comment

Mine is a Yupiteru, but can't remember the model.

How do I gain access to ACARS information - for over-flies and high level stuff for example?
        praying for tidal waves ...

Comment

I've been looking for a scanner recently, I noticed Uniden straight away after some searching on the internet. I'm searching for the best price but I like listening to emergency services too.

The best one I've seen at the local store (out of the wonderful 3 models they have :P ) is the Maycom AR-108 Air Band. Nice sound settings and the price is right.

Comment

A jet aircraft is an aircraft propelled by jet engines. Jet aircraft generally fly much faster than propeller-powered aircraft and at higher altitudes — as high as 10,000 to 15,000 meters (about 33,000 to 49,000 ft). At these altitudes, jet engines achieve maximum efficiency over long distances. The engines in propeller powered aircraft achieve their maximum efficiency at much lower altitudes. Jet aircraft can move faster than sound.
            microsoft exams and ccnp information cissp

Comment

Originally posted by punee90 View Post
              A jet aircraft is an aircraft propelled by jet engines. Jet aircraft generally fly much faster than propeller-powered aircraft and at higher altitudes — as high as 10,000 to 15,000 meters (about 33,000 to 49,000 ft). At these altitudes, jet engines achieve maximum efficiency over long distances. The engines in propeller powered aircraft achieve their maximum efficiency at much lower altitudes. Jet aircraft can move faster than sound.

??
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

You know how it is Brian; clearly no one on a website about aviation knows the basics about jet aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
                  You know how it is Brian; clearly no one on a website about aviation knows the basics about jet aircraft.
                  Unless he's another one of the spam merchants we've been getting lately....only he forgot to add his spam link
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                  X