Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which radio scanner would you buy?

Hi:

I want to buy a new radio scanner. Something small, cheap, not only for airliner band but with many other features, if possible?

Can you help me?
    Bruno Pires

Which radio scanner would you buy?

I'm in the same market, but if you want all of the other bands (emergency, military, marine) then you need to shell out MUCH more.

I've found several, the MR-318 AM/FM/Air Band Scanner and the Maycom AR-108.

The MR-318 has quite a bit of static and is very inexpensive. The AR-108 is about 2x more expensive but has volume & squelch controls which make it worth the price.

Seeing how you are in Portugal, I'm not sure what selection you may have. There is much more selection in Europe and Radio Shack stopped selling scanners here sometime in the past decade (don't know, nobody seems to go there).

Comment

Ian:

Well, I´m not sure of what I can buy here, too. Mainly, because I really dont know anything at all about scanners...
      But I think any brand might be available by order, at the local radio store.
      I live on top of a building (4 floors high), just a few kilometers from the airport (I can see it from here). I thought it would be fun to set up an antenna and listen to the aircraft I see landing and taking off.
      Anyway, thanks for the advise...
      Bruno Pires

Comment

Flyf65, if you can see the airport from your apartment, then 90% of the time you don't have to worry about reception... [img]nod.gif[/img]

Depend on what you want, you can get some real crappy scanner (ie. Radio shack, in US) or some brand name scanners, such as Icom or Yaesu [img]smilewink.gif[/img]

good luck on your scanner hunt

My Equipment: Radio Shack Pro-95
        Yaesu VX-5R transceiver
        Sony F707
        Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

My Scanner:

More Info Here!

Comment

Working...
          X