Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Safety Cards

Hey,

This is for you hardcore safety card collectors. I have several military safety cards I flew recently such as on a C-9 Skytrain (Douglas DC-9 version) and a C-40A Clipper (Boeing 737-700) all from the U.S. Navy. How rare or hard can people find these cards? Are are frequently on sale at collector sites or on ebay?

Thanks,

kevin

I have a B-17 saftey card that I do not want to part with
    A picture of it can be seen here
    http://www.airdisaster.com/forums/vi...r=asc&start=30

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Hi Derf
      Congrats for all the associated pictures and other stuff describing your nice experience withthe Flying Fort.
      Regards
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Thanks, it was truly a special experience that I and other may never be able to experience again in the US if our government gets its way!

This makes me upset because I had the flight of a lifetime! Thanks for the kind words, but read this sad news

Although I have been following this for the CAF, I received the email below
        from the Collings Foundation which also sells rides in their B-17 and B-24
        in order to "keep 'em flying".

To recap: A couple years ago, a FAR change just allowed "Limited" and
        "Experimental" aircraft (such most WW2 warbirds are flown) to be used for
        money-making flights. Currently, a FAA Letter Of Authorization (LOA) must be
        acquired before making these charity-benefit flights. To get the LOA, the
        organization must first provide the FAA with Operational guidelines to prove
        safety of flight for aircraft and aircrews. The same drug testing,
        recurrency training, airframe inspections, and other "airline-style"
        requirements are enforced, and the flight must originate from and return to
        the same airport.

Now that appears to be "not enough" and yet another "freedom of flight" is
        being attacked in the "interest of public safety". Heard that one before?

Of course a word to your respective Congressmen is desired and outlined at
        the end of this message. This movement is not the same as the one to simply
        make non-flyable all previously military aircraft. That is another attack
        from another quarter.

Your help is needed to keep the sounds of radials and Merlins alive for our
        children in memory of what others gave for freedom. Please forward.

"Big Brother" Considers Shutdown of Air Tours and Charitable Flight
        Experiences

The FAA recently (October 22) published a notice of proposed rulemaking
        (NPRM) which if implemented would drastically limit or eliminate the
        Collings Foundations ability to offer contributors "flight experiences".
        The FAA claims the National Air Tour Safety Standards are needed for safety
        reasons, but they offer only a very weak jumble of supporting data which
        include 11 accidents over many years, eight of which occurred in Hawaii, 8
        of 11 were helicopters, and none were WWII multiengine historic aircraft.

While FAA regulations are difficult to interrupt, this regulation is subject
        to public input. We must get this regulation substantially modified or
        eliminated because as the EAA noted in their October 27th 2003 release, "The
        rule if finalized in its current form, would effectively force the grounding
        of many historic aircraft, preventing the public from ever experiencing them
        in flight again".

TO BE SURE WE ARE PERFECTLY CLEAR - Without the donations associated with
        flight experiences including DFC and Plane Sponsor contributions the
        Collings Foundation would be forced to shut down all of its Historic
        Aircraft flying including the B-17, B-24, B-25 plus 8 other historic
        aircraft. What we need you to do is any one or all of the following:

. Submit your comments to the Department of Transportation online Docket
        Management System docket number 4521. The web address for this is:
        <http://dms.dot.gov/> search/. Type in the docket number 4521 in the search
        to read the text of the docket, and comment by using the
        "Comment/Submissions" button at the top.

. Contact your FAA representatives or officials (listing at www.faa.gov) or
        the Office of Marion Blakey, FAA Administrator.

. Contact your Congressman or Senator (find contact info at
        <http://capwiz.com/rollcall/home/>) And give them this message: Non-profit
        501C3 organizations operating under an approved Exemption Letter, such as
        Exemption 6540f should be totally exempted from the proposed National Air
        Tour Safety Standards. Do it now, the comment period closes in January.

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I am just both surprised and upset that this occurs in your country,
          Our homeland minister Nicolas Sarkozy issued a recomendation for halting similar activities in France, earlier this year. At time being, things are at a standstill, with some wondering about selling their prized possessions, other proceeding as ever. Among the latters is Orly-based non-profit society "Forteresse Toujours Volante" (ForeverFlyingFort)
          which is undertaking a major overhaul of its B.17F, under some supervision provided by Boeing !
          One thing that will never change in France, once an aircraft is registered as a vintage/collector (reg sequence F-AZ + two other letters) which is the case of "our" B.17, only people closely connected can fly, to do so you have to enlist in the organization behind it.
          I wish I could send a comment to the FAA, but as an alien I could be sent back into the ropes.
          Anyway advise me if a foreign citizen can e-mail them.
          Regards
          Alain
          Regards
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I have Israel Air Force B707

The Only military safety card i have is Israel Air Force B707 - the Prime Minister's plane.

That's the safety card of the Israeli "Air Force 1", taken from Prime Minister Sharon's flight to Russia in November 2003.

EL-AL

[email protected]

Comment

/me calls the government fraud, waste, and abuse hotline

Comment

I've got the following:

Czech Air Force Tu-154
                Indian Air Force Mi-8
                Luftwaffe Tu-154M

Semi-quasi air force include

Aviodetachment 28 (Bulgaria) Tu-134 and Tu-154M
                Cen Sad (Libya) Il-62M
                Czech Government Flying Service Tu-154M and Yak-40
                GTK Rossiya (Russia) Il-18, Il-62, Il-96-300 (Putin's jet), Mi-8, Tu-134, Tu-154, Tu-214, Yak-40
                Slovak Government Flying Service Tu-154M and Yak-40
                United Nations An-26 and Yak-40

Will soon have:

Madagascar Air Force Yak-40
                Laos Air Force An-72
                China United Airlines (PLAAF) Yak-42

All at http://eng.aeroplane.ru

* See my items for sale at http://sale.aeroplane.ru
                Мы летаем для Вас

Comment

Working...
                X