X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Crash Landings To You!

Hey all!

A few days ago, I was flying my custom, home built R/C aircraft, and as I was coming in for a landing, I guess I caught a little bit too much crosswind, and just as I was lowering speed, the plane blew off course TOTALLY, and the wind made it bank so hard that it literally CARTWHEELED after impacting the ground. It slammed the ground after I attempted to re-gain control by full throttling it.

Total damage:

>Clipped wings (one broken in HALF)
    >Broken tail
    >Ruined servo/reciever system
    >Entire fuselage ripped in half

But guess what: the two engines on it werent even broken! I used two "turbo" FAN engines, so they just got a little scratched. I made a foam casing for them before putting them on the wing, and they work perfect!

My question to everyone is: what is the worst crash landing you have ever had? It doesnt have to be you, but you need to have been there when it happened!

Damn, that sucks....Total repair cost??
    ***My Blog***

Comment

Repair cost? Yeah....RIGHT! I decided that since the model was getting a little old, I decided to salvage what I could, and I am currently working on a new one. A better one. I am thinking abut integrating small emergency wheels on the wings, so if something like this happens, the wheels MIGHT help.

Comment

Just found these photos on the internet. This is what my model plane looked like before it was destroyed. Mine, although, was in a jetBlue livery, and very slightly smaller (inches)

To all that have sarcastic remarks: don't bother.

Comment

Happy Crash Landings To You!

Screw the sarcastic remarks, I want that US A330 .

-Colin

Comment

Re: Happy Crash Landings To You!

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
            I want that US A330 .
            -Colin
            Damn straight

Comment

Do you have any pictures of your plane?

With your credibility, everything is a little hard to believe now.
              Will F.
              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Well, actually, I do.

I understand the issues w/ my credibility, etc.

I will post MY pictures on here as soon as my desktop gets back from the shop. I am using my new HP Pavillion notebook, and a lot of my pictures aren't uploaded on to it right now.

But I will post my pics on here ASAP.

Those pictures were just an example of roughly what my R/C aircraft looked like. Before it died. And went to heaven.

Goddamned crosswinds blew it to the ground. Good gosh.

Comment

How much does that thing cost!!!????!!!
                  ***My Blog***

Comment

Depends.

You can get one full livery, engines, servos, recievers/remote control, and everything included for about $800 +/-.

I got the kit so I could print out + apply my own livery to the A/C. It came with servos, remote, engines and landing gear (retractable!) recievers, etc and I paid $750 and change.

It's worth the money, though. They're huge (as you can see). Mine was *roughly* 14 feet long + a few inches.

People always tell me that they "must be hard to control" yet they are almost like regular r/c aircraft, as far as control. They're easy. The only downsides are that they're heavy, and since they're so big, they require special care as far as takeoff and landing.

Mine was always a head-turner.

Comment

hmmmm i am going to seriously think abt getting that... Post ur a/c photos up asap...What kind of engines do they use.
                      ***My Blog***

Comment

I will, but my computer is in the shop. I will do my best, though.

The engines can vary.

Comment

What is the site to get info about this stuff?

Comment

What is the site to get info about this stuff?

Whuddaya mean?

I got the pix from

just to give as an example.

If you're looking to buy one, search for it on your local hobby store's website.

Comment

Whats the name of the company that made the one that you say you have?

Comment

Working...
                              X