Herpa to introduce new scale: 1/1000!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herpa to introduce new scale: 1/1000!

Yes, you heard it right, a scale of 1/1000. In the WingsWorld I got today, issue 4/2004, there is a small article about the first 4 examples of the new scale, all only being available for onboard sale. They include 3 LH planes, one being an A380, the second an A346 and the third the 744 in Star Colors. The 4th plane is a SriLankan A343, made for its 25th anniversary. It has not yet been decided if those planes will become part of the regular series. Just to give an idea of the size, all 4 models fit on the hand of an average man. So, if you thought 1/600 was small, think again (and imagine a DC-3 in 1/1000 scale )

-Colin

wow,, that would be ridicolously too small but good for you if you're into less-detailed planes then the '400 and500 and no space for the "big" ones .!
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Mmm, ERJs.

Comment

When are they gonna make the Beech 1900 in 1/1000 :P

Comment

Yeah, it's really fascinating what some airlines want. An ERJ would be around 1 inch long . You better not be sneezing .

-Colin

Comment

1/1000 ? Prepare a lab-microscope just to see how looks your Kenmore Beaver !
            Seriously, this reminds me of the old Shabbacks, the scale of which I don't remember. Think it was 1/800. A Caravelle is slightly bigger than some insects.
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Hey but imagine how cool this would be for a model airport

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                Hey but imagine how cool this would be for a model airport
                Yeah...I'd actually have space to build one...
                Will F.
                Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Hey, with that scale, one can even build a model airport in the car .

-Colin

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                    Seriously, this reminds me of the old Shabbacks, the scale of which I don't remember. Think it was 1/800. A Caravelle is slightly bigger than some insects.
                    Alain
                    1:600 for the Schabak models, Alain....I still have a decent sized model airport with them & am probably the only person on this site that still collects them.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Dude, if i drop a 1/600 CRJ or DC3 on the floor, i loose it...i wonder how that would work with a 1/1000 scale plane

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaRules
                        Originally posted by uy707
                        Alain
                        1:600 for the Schabak models, Alain....I still have a decent sized model airport with them & am probably the only person on this site that still collects them.

DeltaRules
                        nope! I collect em too! My older bro gave me about 70 from the 80's. And I still have em all most in good shape. A hobby shop went outta buisness in the 80s and he bought his Schabak models for about $1. lol

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

WOW!! thats really too small! I was wondering, what would the average price be? They cant be that expensive, or can they!>?

Well, a airport in 1/1000 scale would be too small and not as many details , With my brother we have a very big 1:500 scale airport with many planes, and yet there, its hard to put some details. So, 1/1000 wouldnt be cool IMO.

Any way, the idea is great!!
                          UIO Spotter #1 - Ecuador aviation photography at its best!

[email protected]

Comment

1 foot = 1000 feet. 10x10' plywood will make out for a nice sized airport.

-Clovis

Comment

herpa's 1/500 quality sucks, i can only imagine what'll happen now.
                              www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Working...
                              X