Herpa 1/500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herpa 1/500

How many of you guys collect the 1/500 Herpa planes? From the age of like 10-14, I couldnt get enough of these, I have somewhere between 75-90 planes not to mention a couple 1/400 scale DW such as the A3XX model...As of right now I dont have a list or anything of the ones I have but I was curious to see how many share the same collection as I do.

Next Flights -
    3/31/05 - SWA 2226- OAK/TUS
    4/2/05 - SWA 995 - TUS/OAK
    7/4/05 - UAL 346 - SFO/SEA
    7/11/05 - UAL 631 - SEA/SFO

I do/did when I had money to spare. Just having counted them quickly, I have 69 of them; however, not all of them are Herpas. Some BigBirds, StarJets, NetJets and whatnot in there, too. For example, I have all five CX 747s with special paint schemes they made. Spirit of HK, SoHK Millennium, Asia's World City and those two hard-to-get studies.

Anyway, what do you think about the difference between old and new generation Herpas? I think the former were rather toys than collector's items while the latter are very good.

Comment

I Agree, the newer gen is a lot more show than screwing around with, as I did for a countless amount of time in my living room with my 'Sterling Airfield' setup on my dining room table. However, the gears on the new ones look a lil weak, compared to the bigger bases of the older gen wheels. I am glad however Herpa fixed the problems with the 767 models, they always bugged me with the faulty nose.

Next Flights -

Comment

I only have a 1:500 Cathay A346 and a few with me, most of my models are in Hong Kong

Comment

sweet, most of mine are under my bed in a huge plastic box for storage...haha, some are on display in my cabinets such as the special scheme SQ 777-200 NG

Next Flights -

Comment

Currently, I have 223 1/500 planes, mostly Herpa but also some Starjets (Delta only), plus around 20 DW planes in 1/400 and some other (Delta) planes in other scales.

-Colin

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              Currently, I have 223 1/500 planes, mostly Herpa but also some Starjets (Delta only), plus around 20 DW planes in 1/400 and some other (Delta) planes in other scales.

-Colin
              Can i have them all?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathay A340
                Can i have them all?
                No chance. It took me years to buy them all, and I'm not that deperately in need of money .

-Colin

Comment

They're my college education

Next Flights -

Comment

I dont collect the Herpa 1/500 because they are awful compared to many if not all of the 1:400's. The herpas just plain out suck.

Comment

<--- thats what you are chrisburns

dont knock what you dont even collect...

Next Flights -

Comment

Originally posted by begintowonder
                        <--- thats what you are chrisburns

dont knock what you dont even collect...

I collect 1/400 because of the poor 1/500 quality, I have both 1/400 and 1/500 along with 1/600 aircraft.
                        Last edited by chrisburns; 2005-01-26, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                          I dont collect the Herpa 1/500 because they are awful compared to many if not all of the 1:400's. The herpas just plain out suck.
                          Truely spoken like someone that hasn't seen the New Generation by Herpa. And btw, you don't like crappy quality, then why do you have Schabak?

-Colin

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                            Truely spoken like someone that hasn't seen the New Generation by Herpa. And btw, you don't like crappy quality, then why do you have Schabak?

-Colin
                            Yes I have seen the new generation herpa, and their are many flaws, especially the nose of the 737. Also, take a look at the 1/400 herpa NW A330, it really is awful.

I got a schabek because I never thought I would be able to find another model of the NW 744 World Plane. Which i have (Gemini). So i got it while i was in FRA.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                              Yes I have seen the new generation herpa, and their are many flaws, especially the nose of the 737. Also, take a look at the 1/400 herpa NW A330, it really is awful.
                              That's why for 1/400 or bigger I would never buy Herpa (ok, unless it is a Delta plane ). But for 1/500 Herpa offers the best quality for the best price, compared to Starjets.

-Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X