who got Herpa 764's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who got Herpa 764's?

Hi guys, i know this is not a newcoming model from HW, but could anyone please tell if there's anything I should know about it, if the wheels are okay, any "defects" on that model, or anything I should be aware of, I want this model in my collection, so if you please.... tell me about your model, are you happy with it ? I cant wait to get mine ... thanks in advance ..

Regards

John
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

My friend has a herpa 764 and its good. Nothing wrong with it, it has NG and the scheme is very nice, it reflects the light of the case
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I can say that Herpa's 1:400 stuff is getting ALOT better. I might have to pick this one up since I can;t find Dragon's version anywhere. I believe Herpas has metal wings now?

-Rich

Comment

I just recieved the 764 -- yay --- oh no ... two wheels are missing in the main gear ??
        i have to send it back , and Herpa has told me that they will replace it .. well duh ! ..
        Originally posted by INTENSS
        I believe Herpas has metal wings now?

-Rich
        yes thats true, the NG's are pretty good ..metal wings and stabilizers and all that ... the wheels on the NG's are a big improvement, lots if details in a 744 NG main wheel gears.. but then nothing is perfect, like the nose on their entire 747 mould .. it looks so chubby to me, and its is not like dragon's perfectly look 747 nose ..but anyway all in all good products they're coming up with now ..

Comment

Good assessment.

I agree, Dragon has the best 747 mould of anyone....just wish they didn't have plastic wings. Oh well.

-Rih

Comment

Originally posted by INTENSS
            Good assessment.

I agree, Dragon has the best 747 mould of anyone....just wish they didn't have plastic wings.
            -Rih
            oh you forgot to mention the wheels, DW's are "huge" ..

IF Dragon maybe bought herpa or vice versa , then we've got the perfect model. but until then, I think Im satisfied with what I've got ...

Comment

the 1:200,1:400, or the 1:500? Which one are you refering to?

Comment

Originally posted by c0ex
                the 1:200,1:400, or the 1:500? Which one are you refering to?
                1:400

-Rich

Comment

I actually just got a CO 764(1:400) and it's nice. It's in a foam container inside the box, not like the other's plastic container, the only thing plastic is the gear(which I don't like but it's nice to move it to it's position when the plane is in the air), and it's nice for your value.

Comment

Originally posted by CcrlR
                    the only thing plastic is the gear(which I don't like..
                    i dont know if you care about quality and thin wheels ?? yes i do ..

hmm Herpa's NG plastic gears has a more accurate scale then the other competitors like GJ metal gears or DW's "off-road" gears ...

Comment

I mis read the title, at first I read it as :Who has Herpes 764?"
                      Alex
                      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                        oh you forgot to mention the wheels, DW's are "huge" ..

IF Dragon maybe bought herpa or vice versa , then we've got the perfect model. but until then, I think Im satisfied with what I've got ...

Actually after doing some measurements and math, the Dragon ones are actually correct.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                          Actually after doing some measurements and math, the Dragon ones are actually correct.
                          sorry about that,, you're right ,, after studying the wheels between GJ's DWs and HW's the most likely accurate is the DW's ,, why i said that the DW's had some offroad wheels is maybe i got 3 out of 11 dragon who has these ,, i might get rid of them ,, who wants them ??

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                            i might get rid of them ,, who wants them ??
                            I take anything that has "Delta" written on it .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                              I take anything that has "Delta" written on it .

You sure about that?

Cheers True Herpa Quality!

Comment

Working...
                              X