No announcement yet.

Prop Models (any scale -- couple pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Models (any scale -- couple pics)

I haven't seen any conversation about old prop aorcraft. I was wondering about peoples favourite models with props. Commercial or military. I've like the AeroClassics and GeminiJets 1/400 scale Constellations, DC6's and DC3's. The Dragon Wings Connies don't seem quite as nice as those two brands. Sometime next month I'll pick up some of the DW Electra and Stratocruiser models though.

Some pics of my favourites...

And when you're REALLY bored...

Originally posted by Genessee
    And when you're REALLY bored...

lol, you must be really bored

Nice models!

Comment

Nice collection, and not too expensive unlike the Western Models. I am waiting for some I flew to be released before buying.
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Thanks

They aren't too bad cost wise, I've paid from $20 to $40 (CAD) for those.

Comment

In response to the third link, "One of these things is not like the others, One of these things just doesn't belong...." Nice collection, though!
          Cheers,

Comment

Soon I'll be able to replace it with 3 more AeroClassic DC3s. Canada Post takes too damn long to deliver my models!

In response to the third link, "One of these things is not like the others, One of these things just doesn't belong...."
            There's two correct answers there too

Comment

Those look nice, I'll have to add some props to my 1/400 collection.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

great models... since my collection does only contain jets (heavy) like Crunk I might have to add some propos too .. eerrr connies !!!!
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

The prop models break up the jets quite nicely. Before I started collecting props I had all Air Canada 747's, 767's, DC8's, 340's, 319s, 320.....It was starting to look a little odd I also added in some other airlines to help break it up some more.

The props are nice though. I added 3 more since. Trans Canada DC-3 (white top and polished metal models from Aeroclassics) and a NWA Connie also from AC.

I'll be adding the new Aeroclassics Brannif Connie soon as the shop gets them in

Will slap a few pics up this evening

Comment

Genessee, are there any stores near Toronto that sells models at reasonable prices? Aviation World would not be considered reasonable under normal cirscumstances

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                      Genessee, are there any stores near Toronto that sells models at reasonable prices? Aviation World would not be considered reasonable under normal cirscumstances
                      Not that I know of.....I buy most from Threshold Aviation. I don't think the prices are alot cheaper, but the people are much nicer

Comment

Nice collection!

Comment

Thanks, I especially like these two:

I still gotta get that Brannif AC Connie :|

Comment

I got it! These AC Connies are realy nice.

I also picked up a couple BigBirds, the connie looks so "cute" with them..

Ground service eq. is always fun:

Comment

Working...
                            X