Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AeroClassics/BigBird and Glue.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AeroClassics/BigBird and Glue.

    I was wondering if anyone who has any AeroClassics or BigBird 747 models where the nose gear is not attached to the model and have glued it in?

    Everytime the model moves a little I end up having the gear lying on the shelf out of the plane. So, I'd like to glue the gear in place. Will regular epoxy glue work well for that? Or is it a bad idea all together?

    Thanks

  • #2
    The nose gears aren't inserted anymore because there was a big problem with breakage during shipping.

    It's very easy to glue in, though... just use a dab of superglue and that'll hold it forever.
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
      The nose gears aren't inserted anymore because there was a big problem with breakage during shipping.

      It's very easy to glue in, though... just use a dab of superglue and that'll hold it forever.
      Yup, that worked with my DC-9.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks, I'll give it a try then. I wasn't too sure if it was a good idea or not.

        All I could find that didn't need mixing was "Elmer's Hi-Tech Fix All", seems to have worked. One down, eleven to go! Thanks again.

        Comment


        • #5
          For things like that, mainly my dragon wings, I use Testors Model master glue since it has a needle tip that allows for easy glueing, and its clear, so no worries there. Its around $4-5 US a bottle, but better and its water thin.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by chrisburns
            For things like that, mainly my dragon wings, I use Testors Model master glue since it has a needle tip that allows for easy glueing, and its clear, so no worries there. Its around $4-5 US a bottle, but better and its water thin.
            Water thin would have helped The stuff I used is a thick gel like glue and the applicator is pretty wide. I put a small puddle of the stuff on some folded over paper and dipped the top if the gear into it, which (almost all the time) had a trailing string of glue stretched out a good 10" or so. If you've ever seen them make a candy apple, it was just like that.

            Comment

            Working...
            X