My first model.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first model.

I just build my first model today. It's a little shotty, partly because it was a cheap one, but it was my first one too.
    Eastern Airlines 757-200.
    by minicraft.

I had some pretty bad lighting in my room, but here it is. The decals were a pain in the ass so the reg on both sides is missing, and the other side lacks half of the passenger windows. And for some reason, the plane sits like it's having a tailstrike and I don't know why.
    On a sidenote, the guy who sold it to me was the son of the vice president of eastern airlines.

Originally posted by JordanD
    On a sidenote, the guy who sold it to me was the son of the vice president of eastern airlines.
    What the.. He sold that crap to you ??

No im kidding.

On the other hand. I bet he get all this models for free and sell them to his friends.. I couldnt believe you bought that .

But nice model .. No doubt,, Am I confusing you now ??:smilewin.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Not a bad first attempt, the next one will look much better with some paint on it. And all these planes will sit on their tails unless you add some weight to the nose

Comment

The decals were a pain in the ass
        You did MUCH better than I did when I did my first of a very few models. I could never get the decals right. That's why I stick mainly to 1:400 diecast.

Comment

Jordan, chack out www.aircraftresourcecenter.com they have tonnes of tips and tricks, and theres a welth of info on the discussion forums
          Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
          Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Yeah next time I'm possibly going to get a different brand. Probably a bizjet. The thing that pissed me off was that you have to open the box to know which paint colors to get, so i didn't know what to get.

Comment

After trying to make several airliners with minicraft, I failed everytime . The only one I completed was the piper. You did a good job though! I don't really like the cockpit on Minicraft planes...
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Yeah next time I'm possibly going to get a different brand. Probably a bizjet. The thing that pissed me off was that you have to open the box to know which paint colors to get, so i didn't know what to get.
                Didn't models used to come with paint? I remember little plastic cups of the paint with some of mine. Or was I buying wimpy models? They were snap-together after all, hrmm!

Comment

Most models will have a colour chart somewhere on the box teling you what you need. , but then also you can count on always needing at least black, silver, white and grey. Especially for most airliners.

Comment

No they didn't have the paint with it. I thought about spraying it down with krylon...

Comment

for futute refrence Minicraft (read: minicrap) Kits are NOT good for beginners, nor are Hobbycraft (read: hobbycrap) RoG are the best
                      Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Not bad at all for a first attempt. You will just keep get better at it from now on. The decals are certainly a pain. I find the best way to apply them to slide them off the paper right on to the surface model with tweezers. It works for me. As for the model sitting on its tail. You have to put weight in the nose before you close it. A nice brand I like to get is Revell. The quality is very good, their decals are not to difficult to work with. Plus the give you what colours you need on the box.
                        matthew

Comment

I agree that Revell makes excellent models, minicraft quality ranges from absolute crap (Lockheed Electra) to really quite good (MD-8x) the 757 fits right in between those. Revell have very detailed decals too. And since you mentioned you would like to try a bizjet they make a Challenger CL 604 in the same scale as the 757 or a learjet35 in 1/48.

Comment

the challenger is one awsome kit!
                            Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Have anyphotos? If I get some free time, I plan on building some jet in CO's fleet!

Comment

Working...
                              X