new DW Air Canada A340-500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new DW Air Canada A340-500

I just saw the new released pic of the new DW Air Canada A340-500 pic. The registration # for this one is also GKOM. I wonder what's the difference between this new one (DRW55584) and the old one? (DRW55562)? I can only see there's a "RR" sticker on the new model's engine....

The new model

The old Model

What do you think ?
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Originally posted by OY-KBN
    What do you think ?
    Cash grab At least as far as the complaints of those hardcore collectors say..

I'll save this one as a impulse buy. I'd just get it to match the GeminiJets C-GKOM model in the new colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
      Cash grab At least as far as the complaints of those hardcore collectors say..

I'll save this one as a impulse buy. I'd just get it to match the GeminiJets C-GKOM model in the new colours.
      Guess Im gonna pick up the wallet up again..

I still dont have any AC mods in my collection. Guess this one will be the first one.

Cash grab.

Btw I dont see that much of a change they made on that new model.

Comment

[QUOTE=OY-KBN]Guess Im gonna pick up the wallet up again..

I still dont have any AC mods in my collection. Guess this one will be the first one.[quote]GeminiJets has an Air Canada 345 out, I'd go for that myself. Just because I like the metal wings better

Cash grab.

Btw I dont see that much of a change they made on that new model.
        Anytime that happens (new model, little to no change and a different reg#) you can be assured there will be accusations of the company looking for more money. Unless it's made for a company/club or something.

Edit; I just checked on the Wings900 DB, it looks like they did 4 340-300's in the same colours. One was an AC exclusive. They could have atleast done this model in the new colours... :|

Comment

GeminiJets has an Air Canada 345 out, I'd go for that myself. Just because I like the metal wings better
          Anytime that happens (new model, little to no change and a different reg#) you can be assured there will be accusations of the company looking for more money. Unless it's made for a company/club or something.
          I havent seen the GJ 345, Is it better ? I like them heavier. just wanted to let you know that.
          Oh you mean the contract for producing the models between the airline and the manufacturer ??

Maybe I'de go for the GJ version too. Gj are a bit thougher in case you might drop the model.

Comment

I havent seen the GJ 345, Is it better ? I like them heavier. just wanted to let you know that.
            Oh you mean the contract for producing the models between the airline and the manufacturer ??
            Yeah, or even the manuf. and a club, like the 400ScaleHangar. They get a model made just for them every once in a while. I think Gemini also has a club you can join for a few dollars a year to get a chance to purchase exclusive models. The shop I go to has a few corporate models. Ones specially made for VS, CO, AA. I got the CO one atm. Will get the AA one eventually. It's the San Jose to Taipei 777 model.

Maybe I'de go for the GJ version too. Gj are a bit thougher in case you might drop the model.
            The Gemini new colours model is much closer to the actual AC colours. (As compared to paint chips made from the tape off an actual AC A340) Not that it's noticable to me.

Comment

Yeah, or even the manuf. and a club, like the 400ScaleHangar. They get a model made just for them every once in a while. I think Gemini also has a club you can join for a few dollars a year to get a chance to purchase exclusive models. The shop I go to has a few corporate models. Ones specially made for VS, CO, AA. I got the CO one atm. Will get the AA one eventually. It's the San Jose to Taipei 777 model.
              Didnt know this at all. That they do models for clubs. although I know they produce to the airlines itself - leaving the airline to either sell them away or just give-away gift for staff and costumers..
              The Gemini new colours model is much closer to the actual AC colours. (As compared to paint chips made from the tape off an actual AC A340) Not that it's noticable to me.
              That is one great detail at GJ. but as long as the model looks good. Im happy with that.

How many types of AC you got from DW and GJ? also any HW ?

Comment

Didnt know this at all. That they do models for clubs. although I know they produce to the airlines itself - leaving the airline to either sell them away or just give-away gift for staff and costumers..
                That is one great detail at GJ. but as long as the model looks good. Im happy with that.
                Yeah, if it looks good, I'll get it. In some cases even if it's messed up I'll still like it. The GJ one is more accurate though, so might as well go with it.

How many types of AC you got from DW and GJ? also any HW ?
                You can see them all here : http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...ic.php?id=3249

My personal favourites are the Aeroclassic 747's*. Those 70/80's AC colours were pretty sweet Speaking of which, you MIGHT not want to spend the money on these models....I've heard there's some nice Canadian stuff coming from Aeroclassics, I'm really wishing for an Air Canada 747 in the previous colours. I'm not sure if that also includes BigBird(Can't wait for the shop to get in my BB WardAir 747s).

* The AeroClassics Air Canada 767 in the new colours is too dark...as per the paint chip, "Christ! It's 0.00000001% TOO DARK!! TRASH!" -- Hardcore Collector Dude.

Comment

Yeah, if it looks good, I'll get it. In some cases even if it's messed up I'll still like it. The GJ one is more accurate though, so might as well go with it.
                  You can see them all here : http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...ic.php?id=3249

My personal favourites are the Aeroclassic 747's*. Those 70/80's AC colours were pretty sweet Speaking of which, you MIGHT not want to spend the money on these models....I've heard there's some nice Canadian stuff coming from Aeroclassics, I'm really wishing for an Air Canada 747 in the previous colours. I'm not sure if that also includes BigBird(Can't wait for the shop to get in my BB WardAir 747s).
                  Nice collection. Dang. Will take my time to look at the rest of that list tomorrow.
                  * The AeroClassics Air Canada 767 in the new colours is too dark...as per the paint chip, "Christ! It's 0.00000001% TOO DARK!! TRASH!" -- Hardcore Collector Dude.
                  Thats no good. *Throws a BIGbird into the trashcan*
                  Its funny how these hardcore-lectors react if its just slight off at the colour.

Comment

Nice collection. Dang. Will take my time to look at the rest of that list tomorrow.
                    Thanks My favourites are the old stuff. The stuff from the 70's and before. Especially the props. Love those Aeroclassic Connies. I wish they weren't $30 each. When Aviation World had their big sale on I got a good 10 of them. %50 off is too good of a deal to pass up.

I'm really glad DW's don't sell out fast, I think I might actually pick up this model, but not for some months. Maybe around chistmas.

edit: Regarding exclusives, even some shops get them http://www.adamjets.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=ADM
                    That Aeroclassics Mexicana 767 is nice. But NOT for $60 US!

Comment

Thanks My favourites are the old stuff. The stuff from the 70's and before. Especially the props. Love those Aeroclassic Connies. I wish they weren't $30 each. When Aviation World had their big sale on I got a good 10 of them. %50 off is too good of a deal to pass up.

I'm really glad DW's don't sell out fast, I think I might actually pick up this model, but not for some months. Maybe around chistmas.

edit: Regarding exclusives, even some shops get them http://www.adamjets.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=ADM
                      That Aeroclassics Mexicana 767 is nice. But NOT for $60 US!
                      Yeah I see the favourites are those oldies.

50% off ? Now thats luck. how often does Aviation World have this stuff announced.?

I agree too. regarding about the DW not selling out fast.
                      I have been loooking at EZTOYS.com and they are one of the first to get the new-released models directly from DW.
                      Im purchasing right now

SQ 773 and A345
                      RG MD-11 Star Alliance
                      and one Milit craft : C-5B Galaxy USAF, 60th AW

Oh Cant wait to get these..
                      Air Canada A343 NC

Comment

They have their big sale once a year. I'm not sure if they have one around Boxing Day though. This was the first year I've actually gone. I was a little shocked at some of the stuff. I was expecting alot of crap and such for 50% off. But there was some really nice stuff, including alot of BigBird and AeroClassics.

There have been some really nice RG models. Gemini are the only ones I can recall off hand, and of course.....The RG connie

I've got to get to bed. Eye doctor app't in the morning to order new glasses, sun glasses and contacts. Guy makes a fotune off me

Comment

They have their big sale once a year. I'm not sure if they have one around Boxing Day though. This was the first year I've actually gone. I was a little shocked at some of the stuff. I was expecting alot of crap and such for 50% off. But there was some really nice stuff, including alot of BigBird and AeroClassics.

There have been some really nice RG models. Gemini are the only ones I can recall off hand, and of course.....The RG connie

I've got to get to bed. Eye doctor app't in the morning to order new glasses, sun glasses and contacts. Guy makes a fotune off me
                          Give me a heads up the next time this happens. That's a good excuse to make another trip to the store

Comment

It seems to be a yearly event at the end of august. If you're around the Fedex area, you'll hear lots about it. That's how I found out about it. It was the event of the year to some there. I suspect many spotters lack girlfriends.....

Comment

It seems to be a yearly event at the end of august.
                              Too bad for me... I was too busy enjoying myself in China

Comment

Working...
                              X