• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WardAir 747-100/200 (w/Pics)

These ones are quite nice..

*drool* I want one!

Comment

Who do I have to kill to get one of these ? Nice classic.
      Is that 1:200 or 1:400 ? And it looks like all-metal model noh ==??
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
        *drool* I want one!
        But WHICH one? I myself like the -100 better. The italic'd title looks nice and the tail has a litle more flair to it as well. But both are great. I hate it when BigBird releases these pairs. Makes my wallet hurt. I had to leave the Cathay Pacific and American -100/-200's (Both have one pax and one freight) behind for now. I want to save some money for the Airline Collectable show on the 2nd.

Originally posted by OY-KBN
        Who do I have to kill to get one of these ? Nice classic.
        Is that 1:200 or 1:400 ? And it looks like all-metal model noh ==??
        They're both BigBid 1:400 models, all metal.

And no killing me for them please

Comment

Nice details. You didnt purchase the PAL with defect letters ..correct ?

I didnt know BigBird had this great detailes on its aircrafts.
          Untill now with really close up pictures .. ThnYou for sharing

Comment

Nice details. You didnt purchase the PAL with defect letters ..correct ?

I didnt know BigBird had this great detailes on its aircrafts.
            Untill now with really close up pictures .. ThnYou for sharing
            Some get pretty screwed up. Like PAL Though I like the livery. When I see it cheap I'll pick it up, maybe it'll make it to next years Aviation World 50% off tent.

The Cathay Pacific models look just as good as these two do though. It was hard not picking them up today as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
              Some get pretty screwed up. Like PAL Though I like the livery. When I see it cheap I'll pick it up, maybe it'll make it to next years Aviation World 50% off tent.
              Glad you like the livery. That was a classic ..right.. -200 ?
              Hmm I dont see these discounts anyhere.. only at magazines that I regurlarly buy every month. But that doesnt mean I'de go to Germany to buy some discounted aircrafts .. unless you were a die hard collecor which I'm clearly am not.
              The Cathay Pacific models look just as good as these two do though. It was hard not picking them up today as well.
              I know the feeling.. I have once purchased all eight models from HW via my local collector store, I could only afford 6 of them, had to leave back home without the last two, it gave me headaches till I went back to that store and bought the last two. .bwahhaah..

Comment

Glad you like the livery. That was a classic ..right.. -200 ?
                Hmm I dont see these discounts anyhere.. only at magazines that I regurlarly guy every month. But that doesnt mean I'de go to Germany to buy some discounted aircrafts .. unless you were a die hard collecor which I'm clearly am not.
                Yeah, they are both -200's with the classic thick blue/red cheatlines. One is just the standard livery, and the other has the "Mabuhay Chicago" titles (The first time I saw that one I only took a quick glance at it and thought it said "Hooray Chicago" :P). Whats annoying about these two models is that "PP" showed in an identical error two years ago on the BigBird 1:500 model! *grumble* You'd THINK they would have fixed it!

it gave me headaches till I went back to that store and bought the last two.
                It's an addiction I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                  Yeah, they are both -200's with the classic thick blue/red cheatlines. One is just the standard livery, and the other has the "Mabuhay Chicago" titles (The first time I saw that one I only took a quick glance at it and thought it said "Hooray Chicago" :P). Whats annoying about these two models is that "PP" showed in an identical error two years ago on the BigBird 1:500 model! *grumble* You'd THINK they would have fixed it!
                  Oh yeah, I know that one, There's picture of it somewhere on the net
                  The one you said, **Mabuhay Chicago **
                  Oh here it is [photoid=224227] Cant believe they are THAT slow to even atleast correct the thing, ...
                  It's an addiction I guess
                  Well I went back to that store a month after I bought the first 6, So I wouldnt call it addiction. Its not like i went back after two days or something. Im not that kinda of a collector.

Comment

Oh yeah, I know that one, There's picture of it somewhere on the net
                    The one you said, **Mabuhay Chicago **
                    Yeah, that's the one. I like that livery, the thick lines are kinda nice.

Comment

I dont have this one either, Do you know if someone have produced this item in 1:200 or bigger coz I bet that would look good on my desk.

Comment

Nice models, should I would have flown WD 747s, I would be jealous ... Nice finds.
                        Alain
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I dont have this one either, Do you know if someone have produced this item in 1:200 or bigger coz I bet that would look good on my desk.
                          I'm not sure about any 1:200 versions. I've never see any in looking at models for old Canadian airlines anyway. Never know what's floating around though.

Originally posted by uy707
                          Nice models, should I would have flown WD 747s, I would be jealous ... Nice finds.
                          Thanks :P The are quite nice. BigBird did a good job witht he detail on these ones. No mistakes that I can see anyway. I never flew WardAir myself either. My excuse is I was too young and the parents always picked the wrong airlines!

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                            Alain
                            Great models. I flew on C-GXRD in Dec 1979 in the upper deck! And even though Wardair only had one class of seats, the upstairs was like a lounge, with a couch against the wall and a bar. I hope I didn't make anyone too jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by slate
                              I hope I didn't make anyone too jealous.
                              Just a little :P

Comment

Working...
                              X