Plastic Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Models

Those plastic model aircraft that you get onboard the planes, can you purchase them anywhere else or are they exclusive to flights?
    DTVAirport

You can get similar ones- like Herpa and such. Most of the things you get on flight suck anyway, you're better off buying Herpa

Comment

Originally posted by Jannichan
      You can get similar ones- like Herpa and such. Most of the things you get on flight suck anyway, you're better off buying Herpa
      Some arnt that bad. Its the metal one to watch out for on the airline. All the ones I have are of good quality. Then again, there from 1980 ro 1993.
      -Kevin

Comment

I've been told the larger scale plastic models have picked up in quality nicely. I haven't really looked at them in the past myself though, so I have no real first hand comparison.

You can always find in-flight models around some where though. I've seen several on-line shops with them, and even some in regular stores. I have a couple myself (mine are all Gemini are 1:400).

Comment

Yeah, if you want quality in your models go with 1/400. Dragon (not the best), gemini, aeroclassics et al. Very detailed stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jannichan
            Herpa is worse then those, and herpa is metal, if you wanted real quality metal aircraft get Dragon Wings, Gemini Jets, SMA(Seattle Model Aircraft), Aeroclassics etc.

As for the plastic snap together, www.flightminiatures.com, or find Skymarks and hogan wings through google.

Comment

What airlines do that? Everytime my friend flies JAL to japan they give him one of a 744 in the old colors. Thats the only airline I know of that still does this.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                What airlines do that? Everytime my friend flies JAL to japan they give him one of a 744 in the old colors. Thats the only airline I know of that still does this.
                Continental has Gemini 777s w/Chrome stand..
                Virgin Atlantic has Dragon Wings A340s..
                Alaska had some gemini as well..
                American had a special edition San Jose - Taipei model from Dragon..

That's all I know of, that is from models I've seen in shops.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                  Continental has Gemini 777s w/Chrome stand..
                  Virgin Atlantic has Dragon Wings A340s..
                  Alaska had some gemini as well..
                  American had a special edition San Jose - Taipei model from Dragon..

That's all I know of, that is from models I've seen in shops.
                  But you have to pay for them, right?

I think Crunk was asking if there are any airlines that give out free plastic models

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                    But you have to pay for them, right?

I think Crunk was asking if there are any airlines that give out free plastic models
                    Yeah, I guess most are for sale. THere are some that are given away. I think the Virgin ones are given out in first class. Some are anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                      Yeah, I guess most are for sale. THere are some that are given away. I think the Virgin ones are given out in first class. Some are anyway.
                      I just remembered when I flew SFO-MSP on a NW744 they were selling Lego NW 747's for $5.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                        I just remembered when I flew SFO-MSP on a NW744 they were selling Lego NW 747's for $5.
                        That would have been kind of cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X