AeroClassics - Air Canada 747 Delivery Livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Genessee
    I got them at Threshold Aviation. They are in the back of the shop, and are $6.95 each. If you like CO and want a free stand, there's one in the blue boxed 'in flight' 777 model.
    Nice! I didn't pay much attention to the back of the store Are they actually metal or are they made of plastic that looks like metal?

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
      Nice! I didn't pay much attention to the back of the store Are they actually metal or are they made of plastic that looks like metal?
      They're all metal..

I had a better look at both the Gemini and the AC CF-TOA model, and the AC one is quite a bit better.

- No seam in the tail, the GJ model has a joint and the AC one is all one piece
      - Tail on the AC is a better colour, closer to the real Air Canada red
      - The tail logo is closer in proportion to the real thing than the GJ is (GJ is too large)
      - The wings have the antenna, GJ just has regular wing tips
      - The bottom of the AC model has the doors, and other stuff printed on it
      - AC has the pitot tubes painted on it
      - The GeminiJets version has a weird light grey line between the bottom of the red stripe and the white belly (AC's goes straight from red to white)

Guess those small details are why AeroClassics models are usually a few bucks more

Maybe I'll replace my Gemini CF-TOA...

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
        They're all metal..

I had a better look at both the Gemini and the AC CF-TOA model, and the AC one is quite a bit better.

- No seam in the tail, the GJ model has a joint and the AC one is all one piece
        - Tail on the AC is a better colour, closer to the real Air Canada red
        - The tail logo is closer in proportion to the real thing than the GJ is (GJ is too large)
        - The wings have the antenna, GJ just has regular wing tips
        - The bottom of the AC model has the doors, and other stuff printed on it
        - AC has the pitot tubes painted on it
        - The GeminiJets version has a weird light grey line between the bottom of the red stripe and the white belly (AC's goes straight from red to white)

Guess those small details are why AeroClassics models are usually a few bucks more

Maybe I'll replace my Gemini CF-TOA...
        I think that its the small-er details that make the big differences. I think I'll throw that AC CF-TOA onto my christmas list

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
          I think that its the small-er details that make the big differences.
          I just remembered another one...the font on the AC model is a closer to the real aircraft. The A and C on "Air Canada" are larger than the other letters on the GJ version. I think thats all of them..

Comment

Ya, it is the little details that count. I'd choose the AC model.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
            X