AeroClassics - Air Canada 747 Delivery Livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AeroClassics - Air Canada 747 Delivery Livery

I'm a little surprised AeroClassics released the same model Gemini did some time ago (CF-TOA). Here's the new AeroClassics (C-GAGA w/Montreal Olympics decal) with the GeminiJets (CF-TOA)

It's a quickie comparison while I get other work done

Both are quite good, as expected. Most noticeable is the slight different red, and heavier lines on the Gemini model.

That is nice Gen, The AC looks a little bit preferreble than the GJ. I dont know with you guys. Awesome man ..
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Oh, another big difference between then is the registration on the wings of the AC CF-TOA was larger and bolder than the GJ version. I couldn't bring myself to pay $40 for a duplicate though. If the AC one had a different registration I would have though. Funny how one little thing...........hrm!

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
        Oh, another big difference between then is the registration on the wings of the AC CF-TOA was larger and bolder than the GJ version. I couldn't bring myself to pay $40 for a duplicate though. If the AC one had a different registration I would have though. Funny how one little thing...........hrm!
        Thats pretty much understandable on why you wouldnt spend 40bucks on a dup. Do you think they will make one with another registration ?? or remake a model with a new reg on. ?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          Thats pretty much understandable on why you wouldnt spend 40bucks on a dup. Do you think they will make one with another registration ?? or remake a model with a new reg on. ?
          Probably not, it seems collectors get angry over such things. At least they do when it comes from AeroClassics or Bigbird. On some model forums there was a discussion about re-releasing like that and most people were against it.

Which is too bad, with better quality, alot of the older releases would be greast to see come out these days...Especially for us that missed them the first time around.

Comment

wow awesome planes! mind "lending" me one?

Comment

"lending" eh?

Comment

"lending" eh?

yeah......"lending".....yeah *nuge**nuge*

Comment

Those are some nice models.

Comment

The biggest diffrence I see is the GJ one(I think its GJ) only has 3 windows on the 2nd deck while the Aero Classics has a lot more.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                      Those are some nice models.
                      Yeah, I like those old 60s and 70s models.

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                      The biggest diffrence I see is the GJ one(I think its GJ) only has 3 windows on the 2nd deck while the Aero Classics has a lot more.
                      Oops! Sorry, I forgot to mention that the GJ is a 747-100 and the AC model is a 747-200. I only picked up the AC 747-200 because it was different, and left the "close enough to identical" -100.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                        Take also notice that the GJ -100 with the 3 windows doesnt have the extra emergency exit door at the upper deck whil the AC -200 has one. Good notice Crunk

Comment

Hey Brandon, where did you get those metallic stands? They look really classy.
                          By the way, I think I might grab one of those models for myself this Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                            Take also notice that the GJ -100 with the 3 windows doesnt have the extra emergency exit door at the upper deck whil the AC -200 has one. Good notice Crunk
                            Theres another one! Should get the AC -100 and we can do a 'find the differences' game

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                            Hey Brandon, where did you get those metallic stands? They look really classy.
                            I got them at Threshold Aviation. They are in the back of the shop, and are $6.95 each. If you like CO and want a free stand, there's one in the blue boxed 'in flight' 777 model.

They look great when lit up and with a model that has a chrome/polished belly. I'll put a picture of the WardAir models with the stands up later. Looks quite good! Much better than those black plastic things Dragon gives you.

Those stands will fit all (so I'm told/so it seems) Gemini models, and AeroClassics and BigBird 747s. They will NOT fit AC/BB 767s though. The 767s seem to have a hole more like Dragon models.

Comment

I got them at Threshold Aviation. They are in the back of the shop, and are $6.95 each. If you like CO and want a free stand, there's one in the blue boxed 'in flight' 777 model.

They look great when lit up and with a model that has a chrome/polished belly. I'll put a picture of the WardAir models with the stands up later. Looks quite good! Much better than those black plastic things Dragon gives you.

Those stands will fit all (so I'm told/so it seems) Gemini models, and AeroClassics and BigBird 747s. They will NOT fit AC/BB 767s though. The 767s seem to have a hole more like Dragon models.
                              my christmas wish list has been completed

Comment

Working...
                              X