F15, F117, P38, Spitfire and Hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F15, F117, P38, Spitfire and Hurricane

Over these long holidays i got myself back into building models. SO here are the ones ive done in the past wee while with brief reviews.

The Spitfire. (Airfix)

This was a birthday present almost a year ago, since then i have lost the instructions and few peices. Kinda hard to give a reveiw. It was easy (without instructiosn), i just used the box as a painting guide and so.

The Hurricane (Airfix)

(pictured with the spitfire)
    This was the second model i brought, it was poorly moulded, poor instructions (ended up disregarding them), not something id recommend buying.

The F117 (Airfix)

(pictured with Spifire)
    This was the most expensive, but it was all about the finishing product. The instructisonwere frequently wrong and i ended up watching some TV programs on the F117 that i had taped to check how it should look. The decals were relatively good. Other than that, i am pleased with this.

The P38 (Hasegawa)

This had wonderful moulding, full of detail. However, i really dont like models were you have to weigh down the nose, even after placing more than what they specified in the nose, it still fell flat on its ass. So i ended up filling the engines with small scrwes to keep the nosewheel on the ground. The decals sucked, they didnt fit where they should have, they didnt go on easily. I ended up putting the main ones on then giving up with the detailed ones.

The F15 (Italeri)

This also had the falling on its ass problem but no way near as bad as the P38. However it was easily fixed, but in hindsight, i should have left the nosecone off until the end as that is hollow on the model and would have easily housed enough crap to keep the nose down if necessary.. This is somethign i am going to do in all future models of this sort. The decals were great (they need to tell Hasegawa how to make them!), but I didnt have the second lighter grey so i just did it in a 1 grey scheme.

Next models i aim to get, 1/72 F22 (Italeri) and 1/72 B52D (Revel).
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

nice models! cant wait to see the B52

in my personal opinion, TAMIYA, and Revell/Revell Of Germany make the best model kits, I dont bother with hobbycrap, or airfix, whos kits are crap any way you make 'em.
    Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
    Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
      nice models! cant wait to see the B52

in my personal opinion, TAMIYA, and Revell/Revell Of Germany make the best model kits, I dont bother with hobbycrap, or airfix, whos kits are crap any way you make 'em.
      Cheers,

Ive had mixed experiences with all brands (except one random one which has made consistently crap models). Sotherefore, i buy on the aircraft and price opposed to brands. I use Tamiya paints regardless though. Though its amazing how much better i am now considering i havent built any models for over 1 year.

With the B52 im trying to pass it off as a "I pased NCEA level 1 last year/my birthday is coming up/ ill pay some" sort of thing. Ive found it on a website for $30 cheaper than my local shop so im getting it there.
      Sam Rudge

Comment

Very nice models, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
          Cheers,

Ive had mixed experiences with all brands (except one random one which has made consistently crap models). Sotherefore, i buy on the aircraft and price opposed to brands. I use Tamiya paints regardless though. Though its amazing how much better i am now considering i havent built any models for over 1 year.

With the B52 im trying to pass it off as a "I pased NCEA level 1 last year/my birthday is coming up/ ill pay some" sort of thing. Ive found it on a website for $30 cheaper than my local shop so im getting it there.
          yeah, I always use TAMIYA paints too.
          btw, what company make is the B52?
          Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
          Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Revell/Monogram make the B52.
            Sam Rudge

Comment

Working...
            X