Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Herpa news, including moving doors for planes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Herpa news, including moving doors for planes!

Just got my new issue of Wings World, and Herpa is launching quite a few new additions for their sortiment. First, they have launched a new 744ERF in AF Cargo colors, with a front cargo door that can actually be opened, just like the real thing. They will also add 744Ms, with a side cargo door that be opened, plus a regular pax door that can be opened. The latter feature will also be available for the 738.
    Also, Herpa is launching the Convair 440 in 1:500, likely in Delta colors first; In 1:400, the Convair 880 and Lockheed L-188A Electra will be launched, as will the 732, and, as a highpoint in 1:400, the Consolidated Vultee PBY-5A CATALINA!
    And to add things up, in 1:200, Herpa is launching not only the 773ER in Etihad colors, but also as the start of a new series, the Sukhoi SU-27UBK in multiple color variations. More info can be found under Herpa.de.
    Excellent news, IMHO, and I'll probably be the first to get the CV-440 .

This is a good news for collectors, I really like Herpa Wings 1:400 new generation. Their models are becoming more real and detail. Just wish them develop more and more in 1:400

Comment

Cool I'd break the cargo door off lol

Comment

sweet I hope they make some 1:400 with the special cargo doors
        Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
        Forever New Frontiers

Comment

I wouldnt expect any of those models with doors to be in 1/400 scale, and I can only imagine how big of a door thing they will have or if the will start to be made out of plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
            I wouldnt expect any of those models with doors to be in 1/400 scale, and I can only imagine how big of a door thing they will have or if the will start to be made out of plastic.
            yeah, your probably right, but I can still hope
            Forever New Frontiers

Comment

I have seen images of the models.. Just cant fint it now.

All it shows is that it can be in upward position and the cargo hold is darken with some paint !.. there's actually no "hole" there ! ..
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                Theres 1:500, it's plastic though. I don't remember who showed me that picture first.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                  Theres 1:500, it's plastic though. I don't remember who showed me that picture first.
                  ooooh, very nice!
                  Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                    That looks sweet

Comment

Herpa's product reorientation looks to be promising. They sensed they were in hot waters with no so many competitors around and urgently needed to do something !!!
                      Alain
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                      X