F-22 model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-22 model

If your looking for a good way to piss me off, send me a model with decals as crap as this.

Anyways, the model was rather disappointing on the whole. Combining my favourite fighter with Italeri should have been a good thing but.

Good points:
    Reasonable detail on the weapons bay,
    Pretty good detail on the cockpit.
    Its a F-22.

Bad points:
    Canopy is clear, it really should have a faint black tint to it, just like the F-117, (you can search for photos if you want, the canopy is covered with a radar absorbant material giving it a blackish tint just like the F-117).
    the main body was 4 peices which didnt fit togeather that well. Two would have been much better.
    Missiles had a complete lack of detail which really let down the weapons bay so i ended up opting to have the weapons bay door closed.
    Externals weapons, I always though stealth ac had them internally so the weapons dont show up on radar. Kinda ruins the point in a stealth a/c.

Really bad points,
    The decals just sucked. Every other Italeri model I have had has had wonderful easy to use decals, these, in a word sucked. One of the USAF logo ones twisted in the water then ripped when i tried floating some paper under it. Luckily this was the one that goes on the bottom of the wing which no one sees. Many other decals twisted but they luckily didnt rip.

For surviving the rant heres a picture.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

still looks pretty good

Comment

Cool looking model. If I made it, it probably wouldn't even look like a plane.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

nice looking model
        btw, have you ever seen www.aircraftresourcecenter.com ?
        Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
        Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Hey, I like it ...

Comment

You might think it looks like crap, but others seems to like it, I think the model looks fine , Maybe you can show us more photos so we can see the decals and stuff.....Closely PLEASE !
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Ha, I wish most of my model planes were as 'crappy' as yours. What's your quality standard, dammit ?

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                Ha, I wish most of my model planes were as 'crappy' as yours. What's your quality standard, dammit ?
                LoL, all my military models doesnt come near his standards, I started paiting and collecting military models since I was 12, the one I liked best is a Mig-23 but the quality doesnt even come near this F22 model :rolleyes:
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  LoL, all my military models doesnt come near his standards, I started paiting and collecting military models since I was 12, the one I liked best is a Mig-23 but the quality doesnt even come near this F22 model :rolleyes:
                  hah, the key is to take your time, dont rush them, or then end up shattered aganst a wall
                  Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                    You might think it looks like crap, but others seems to like it, I think the model looks fine , Maybe you can show us more photos so we can see the decals and stuff.....Closely PLEASE !
                    Sure thing, you wont see many decals which have been ripped, once that happens i cut my losses and dont put it on. I'd rather have a good looking model minus a few decals than a model looking weird cause the decals are ripped etc. I'll do some close ups when i have the time, Which could be as late as Thursday.
                    Sam Rudge
                    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I think you do a really good job on your models (better than me anyways), and I am really impressed with the speed that you crank them out at, seems like a new one every other week almost.
                      I think you have to expect a few flaws with Italieri, but what I really like about them is they usually have really nice fit, and also that they are pretty simple kits that you can do fairly quickly. If you want more detail, (especially with weapons sets) go with Hasegawa. But then again I guess that's why (at least around here) that Italieri costs about half what a Hasegawa costs. Can't say that I ever really had trouble with the decals though, maybe on that one, the film was slightly thin, or maybe you soaked it just a little too long. Here's a shot of one of my latest kits, 1/72 Hasegawa F/A-18F

Comment

Nice models. I could never get these things together properly. Maybe I rush too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                          Nice models. I could never get these things together properly. Maybe I rush too much.
                          yeah, it does take LOTS of patience, many of my more 'difficult' models have ended up smashed against the wall of my basement due to temporary lapses of patience
                          Forever New Frontiers

Comment

You could've always given the cockpit the black tint yourself

Comment

I had the same kit, and I agree on body fitment...it was terrible...took a few C-clamps to hold it together right...I did enjoy the detail in the cockpit and the rest of the model, but I did end up having the bays closed, and the gear bent after I put it all together and put it right-side up (this was the day after I glued the gear together/on...
                              ________
                              GRAPE APE

Comment

Working...
                              X