RC FedEx DC-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC FedEx DC-10

Wow, this thing is huge! Wait a minute or so until they show the plane with its owner. I wonder how much something like this would cost.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuV7z...earch=airplane
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

haha he flys it like a fighter , damn that is big.

Comment

Wow, Imagine the negative G's on that thing if it was real. Love the backward looking view. Awesome !
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

damn, thats freaking awesome
        Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
        Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
          haha he flys it like a fighter , damn that is big.
          Ya, the aerobatic flying with that giant thing is great! I'm surprised his camera didn't go flying off the plane the way he flew it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
            Ya, the aerobatic flying with that giant thing is great! I'm surprised his camera didn't go flying off the plane the way he flew it.
            reminds me of that incident in a FDX DC-10 where one of the crew started attacking everyone, and the f/o started barrel rolling the plane
            Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
              reminds me of that incident in a FDX DC-10 where one of the crew started attacking everyone, and the f/o started barrel rolling the plane
              I had no idea the f/o did barrel rolls, I'd hate to see what happened to the packages on that flight...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                Yeah, I remember that incident. There were blood all over the ceilings. Crazy !

I believe the F/O was injured in the head, still he could manage to do what had to be done, in order to disable the unfriendly colleague .....
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower

I believe the F/O was injured in the head, still he could manage to do what had to be done, in order to disable the unfriendly colleague .....
                  yeah, but that sucks how none of the crew could retain their medicals after the incident.
                  Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Wow! I was expecting to see some prop-driven RC plane. That thing actually sounded jet-powered! Kinda cool to see a DC-10 do aerobatics.

I wonder how the "roof cam" affected the handling/aerodynamics of the plane, if at all.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

That thing its sweet! But I dont want to know hat it would cost, yikes.

Comment

I wonder if they could tape a small child to the top...that'd be cool.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower

OT -

Being from Memphis, and FedEx being a former employer I used know some of the folks in the AirOps dept...the figures from the blackbox of flt 705 were put into a simulator in MEM and other pilots have tried to copy the actions but have been unsuccessful - every pilot has crashed in the simulator...

As for the packages - the FBI detained them for a couple of days and they were delivered to the consignees, no damage claims were paid as FedEx is/was not liable for damage caused by acts of terrorism...

Sad to say that non-pilot employee jumpseat priviledges are no longer allowed at FedEx as the pilots worry about their safety yet the only case of violence was from one of their own...

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer
                            OT -

Being from Memphis, and FedEx being a former employer I used know some of the folks in the AirOps dept...the figures from the blackbox of flt 705 were put into a simulator in MEM and other pilots have tried to copy the actions but have been unsuccessful - every pilot has crashed in the simulator...

As for the packages - the FBI detained them for a couple of days and they were delivered to the consignees, no damage claims were paid as FedEx is/was not liable for damage caused by acts of terrorism...

Sad to say that non-pilot employee jumpseat priviledges are no longer allowed at FedEx as the pilots worry about their safety yet the only case of violence was from one of their own...
                            Thanks for the info on that incident. Kind of ironic they only allow pilots in the jumpseats when the attacker was a pilot himself.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                              Thanks for the info on that incident. Kind of ironic they only allow pilots in the jumpseats when the attacker was a pilot himself.
                              yeah, wasnt he an f/o?
                              Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Working...
                              X