Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good weathering effects for this Corgi 1/72 (B17) ??????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any good weathering effects for this Corgi 1/72 (B17) ??????

    Hey guys, I was wondering if where can I purchase something for the models.
    Like the threadtitle says, some weathering effects to make the model look better.

    Wingspan is 19 inches in length .







    Inactive from May 1 2009.

  • #2
    I suppose you could chip off some paint, or re-paint parts of it yourself.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Crunk415balla
      I suppose you could chip off some paint, or re-paint parts of it yourself.
      Thanks for your reply. I was thinking more about thin layers of dried "oil" on the wings, or "smoked" areas on it. You know, so it would look dirty, and so on !!!
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

      Comment


      • #4
        try some oil pastels.
        the way I weather my models is I leave them in a 'cage' outside and periodically spray them with my own mixture of various liquids and then about 2 months later I use some pastels and a little dirty steel colored pen, but my methods dont work on die-cast. (note: I only do this to WW1 and WW2 models)
        Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
        Forever New Frontiers

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by [email protected]
          try some oil pastels.
          the way I weather my models is I leave them in a 'cage' outside and periodically spray them with my own mixture of various liquids and then about 2 months later I use some pastels and a little dirty steel colored pen, but my methods dont work on die-cast. (note: I only do this to WW1 and WW2 models)
          Well my models are aint die-cast either, more like you see above in the previous post. It's all plastic, so basically it is a perfect model to do this on.
          As it would stick better to it than diecast , right ?


          Edit: Thanks btw for posting your method. !
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

          Comment


          • #6
            For an oily appearance, I get black paint and thin it down, Waster, meths, Turps etc depending on the type of paint. Then apply it over the model. Put more concentrated amounts were i want more oily appearance.
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

            Comment


            • #7
              If you do an oil wash you may want to clear coat the model first.
              http://www.naritafamily.com/howto/F14D/photo_frame.htm
              This link mighht help, also try the "tools and tips" section on www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by seventwo
                If you do an oil wash you may want to clear coat the model first.
                http://www.naritafamily.com/howto/F14D/photo_frame.htm
                This link mighht help, also try the "tools and tips" section on www.aircraftresourcecenter.com
                yeah, the aircraftresource centre forums are also an excellent place to ask questions.
                Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
                Forever New Frontiers

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by seventwo
                  If you do an oil wash you may want to clear coat the model first.
                  http://www.naritafamily.com/howto/F14D/photo_frame.htm
                  This link mighht help, also try the "tools and tips" section on www.aircraftresourcecenter.com
                  Thank you very much for your help. I find the link (images) very useful)

                  I owe you a beer, mate !
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Definatley chips in the paint on all leading edges, oil smears going from the exhaust manifolds/back, dirty/muddy wheels/underside, perhaps some patches for battle damage...





                    ________
                    Toyota uz engine history

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes.... These are the details Im looking for !

                      If you see the smokes, that has sticked to the wings.. ! Those are the ones.. !
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'd reccomend water color brown for that, since the watercolor will make it a lighter color...
                        ________
                        Yamaha fz6

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X