Well its getting there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well its getting there

But I dont think my manufacturing process for this B2 is the same as the real one.

Yes my workplace is a mess but everything is in reach. Once I find it

This model is kinda an experiment for me, first time using putty and using a spray paint instead of a brush for the majority of the model. anyways, its looking good, the tape (cockspit, engine intakes is so the spray doesnt get in the already painted parts which are difficult to reach.

Naturally ill post more pics whens its done.

Notes, the Ho-IX and Bf-109 are in the same scale 1/72. The B-52 built on the same table sat exactly on it (wingspan wise, the wingtips were exactly level with teh edges of the table, lengthwise it was short) so this is just a little less wider than the B-52, but a heck of a lot shorter.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Very cool model. Can't wait to see it finished.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Originally posted by boeing744
      Can't wait to see it finished.
      Me either, your models always turn out great.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

cant wait to see the finished product!
        Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
        Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Looking good, how is that tamiya putty? I've been trying some kind of green putty on my new F-14 project, its kind of a pain to use... Keep us posted on the B-2 man.

Comment

Im finding it easyish to use, though before its painted it looks much smoother than when its painted, makes it a tad annoying. Though it sands down rather nicely.
            Sam Rudge

Comment

I've found the best fillers are ultrafine Milliput (a 2 part epoxy putty) for large areas, Gunze Mr Surfacer 500 (can be brushed on) and super glue with accelerator.

Good luck with the B-2, from everything I've read it's not the easiest kit to get a good result with.

Comment

Thank god for parts replacements! With a painting mishap i need a new window for the cockpit. Im mailing testors tomorrow to get a new one, otherwise its scraping the paint off the current one if they dont replace it or paying for a new one, not paying $60 for the new model for one part.

Its got the grey paint all over it. Ill start the black tomorrow, while starting work on the landing gear. Then, it all depends on when the replacement part gets here. Hopefully ill have most of it done by the time it gets here.
                Sam Rudge

Comment

Good luck with the model. Can wait to see it done.
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                    cant wait to see the finished product!
                    So do I, but the result is set to be worth the patience.

Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

^^ No doubt about it.. It's awesome to build it yourself. Which I miss doing. Had around 7 military models, from A-10's to F-117 and Cats and Hornets. all made before I turned my eyes into civilian models. Gosh I miss the good old times.

Comment

^^^You too ! I used to assemble quite a few Airfix 1/72 models during the early 70s'.
                        Alain
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                          ^^^You too ! I used to assemble quite a few Airfix 1/72 models during the early 70s'.
                          Alain
                          You dont have them anymore ? Mind to share them with us.

Sorry I dont have mine anymore. Well Its probably in the bunch of stuff in my basement somewhere...

Comment

Howdy all, Im hoping to know whats happening with my replacement part in 1-2 weeks, all going well, it will be here in around 3 weeks (thats allowing for the longest time for the post to take to get it there, the longest time for them to send it off, and the longest time for the post to send it back). but the rest of the model i plan to finish before then. That lets me know whats happening. If they wont give it for free hopefully i can just buy another one for $5 for something.
                            Sam Rudge

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                              You dont have them anymore ? Mind to share them with us.

Sorry I dont have mine anymore. Well Its probably in the bunch of stuff in my basement somewhere...
                              No, I think they were lost/broken in a removal when the parents sent our stuff from Africa to Europe back in '86.
                              Alain
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                              X