Building models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building models

Is anyone here into model building? I mean really cutting, gluing, painting, etc. I wasn't, but I got a SN Brussels Airlines A330 (1:144) for my birthday, and I'm really starting to like it! I'll let you know when he's done...

Grtz,

Nicki
    So so
    0.00%
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%
    My JetPhotos.Net pictures

I've tired it...but both the models i have the nose gear broke off and i ran out of paint...fun to beg the parents to run and get more if thats what you mean

Comment

Cool!

I like building them too. I have a A340-300 Lufthansa (REVEL) and a Junkers (REVEL) Lufthansa. And i am building a F-50 of the Spain cost guards.

I also like building some other things. Trucks anyone? 1:24?
      Lufthansa is the BEST!

Comment

I enjoy building them if I have the time to. They require a lot of patience.

Here is a pic of the latest one I made:
        Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij

Comment

Some of mine....

Revell 1/32 Tornado Gr.1

Revell 1/72 Harrier Gr.7 and Italeri 1/72 Jaguar Gr.1

Revell 1/48 F-15E Strike Eagle

Comment

I have over dozen of models under construction now, right now I'm working with SAS MD-80 red "paperplane" scheme and SAS MD-87.

Some of my models:

Comment

Check this URL out. Its good for those of you who are itnerested in the medel Fighter planes.

http://www.usahobby.com/plastics/revell/rmxmodjets.html

http://www.usahobby.com/plastics/revell/rmxmodjets.html

Doesn anyone knoe a good place to buy A340's or A340's to build. ?????
              Lufthansa is the BEST!

Comment

I used to build them, but after moving twice in six months, I found out that no matter how well you pack them, plastic models don't handle moves very well. To that point, I had been building them and buying the diecast ones. After factoring in how much time it took to build these kits as compared to the diecasts models, I quit building them. I almost bought a Concorde kit yesterday, but relented when I found a diecast plane I had been on the lookout for.

Comment

I see some very talented modelers here . I build models too but not aircraft at the moment. I have to agree it takes a lot of time and patience but the skill comes with time!

b777
                  Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                  No Frontiers

Comment

I build card models. It has taken a few years to get to the level of realism and accuracy the designs have now. If you're interested, check out my website - I have just under 1,500 different designs on it. (Click on the link in my signature).
                    AIRIGAMI.NET
                    http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Could anyone tell me where i could get one of those kits?
                      Looks like a fun project!

Comment

Some places to look for airliner model kits, paints and other supplies are at your local hobby shop, online stores, or e-bay. I got mine off e-bay . If you are new to this, don't get frustrated if the model doesn't turn out the way you wanted it to. Remember, it's a bit of skill and LOTS of patience!

Cheers,
                        James
                        Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                        No Frontiers

Comment

Yes, I do! In fact I've taken the hobby to another level. I make airliner decals and you've probably heard of me. Ever heard of Flying Colors Decals http://www.flyingcolorsdecals.com??? You can find my decals all over the World.

Recently I started a website just for airliner modeling http://www.airlinercafe.com. I'm currently working on the model gallery so please send me your model photos. You can send them to [email protected] Or register to the site and upload them to your Personal File space and I can grab them from there. It's as easy as that. Please include a little description and relevant info like: scale, kit, decals, etc. I'd be happy to add them to the gallery and while you're at it, please register for the site and participate, it will make me feel better.
                          Regards,

aro757
                          http://www.airlinercafe.com

Comment

Originally posted by Airigami
                            I build card models. It has taken a few years to get to the level of realism and accuracy the designs have now. If you're interested, check out my website - I have just under 1,500 different designs on it. (Click on the link in my signature).
                            I agree, I love the airigami models. They are fun to build and so far I have built around 20 of them!

-Pete
                            Pete Ganabathi
                            Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

I built a couple 10 dollar models back in 8th grade for a project for school. Built a P-51 and a F-16.

The F-16 is now packed away in some box back home

The P-51 met its fate down in Atlanta, GA when my cousin and I matched it up against a couple M-60 FIreworks!!

DeltaASA16

Comment

Working...
                              X