hear is my airport diorama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hear is my airport diorama

hello there everyone(and maxpower) this is my 1/500 scale airport.

the main terminal area

hears the smaller T2

this is the cargo area

the international pier(A)

the domestic transboarder(united states)

hears all the smaller airlines operateing out of the main terminal

I don't have a picture of it but inside the hanger is an TCA L1049G. plus there is a number of aircraft "flying" they are: Jal 777-300ER, aeroflot AN-124, Royal 737-200, city bird 767-200, and air canada 747-100
    I'm the guy... Porter Guy

i have alot of marking on the ground because i have gone through quite alot of terminal designs. for example: terminal 2 and the cargo are used to be the only buildings at the airport. eventually they grew into this cool airport, with new aircraft almost monthly. the airport is in guelph ontario canada(not real just a concept) do that is why there are so many canadian airlines.

Comment

Nice little airport, I see a majority of your accesories are from HERPA.

On your third photo, what happened there ? Did someone stole you ruler ?
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

no it used to be part of a 1/400 airport and i had to wing alot of stuff around other stuff. and yes most of my accessories are from herpa.

Comment

Doirama?

The airplanes look nice and the layout size is certainly impressive; they'll be a LOT of intense real modeling required over a period of time to get that big a scene half as detailed as the planes are.

Do you have pictures of works that you've done? Not a bunch of planes lined up on crude magic marker lines, but of simulated concrete ramps, fence lines, perimeter vegitation, antennas, or buildings.... you know, diorama things.

I've done realistic Scale Modeling dioramas for years; it's in my blood, so I'm naturally curious. I know a few tricks & techniques when it comes to building your own stuff, so if I may be of assistance with anything concerning Modeling, just holler.

Take care,
          Frank
          "Don't aftermarket details save lots of trouble?"
          "Only if you'd rather spend less time modeling!"

Comment

Looks pretty cool. Nice way to get a good sized airport without spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by oldHooker
              The airplanes look nice and the layout size is certainly impressive; they'll be a LOT of intense real modeling required over a period of time to get that big a scene half as detailed as the planes are.

Do you have pictures of works that you've done? Not a bunch of planes lined up on crude magic marker lines, but of simulated concrete ramps, fence lines, perimeter vegitation, antennas, or buildings.... you know, diorama things.

I've done realistic Scale Modeling dioramas for years; it's in my blood, so I'm naturally curious. I know a few tricks & techniques when it comes to building your own stuff, so if I may be of assistance with anything concerning Modeling, just holler.

Take care,

Frank
              Hey Frank Old Hooker.

I have just semi-started on my new airport.
              I have marked the gates with a pencil where the aircrafts will park when attached to the jetbridges. I still haven't designed how the building should look though, but I will take one step at a time.

What do you think ?

Just some example shots. (It will have its own dedicated thread soon)

Comment

Update

Hi John,

I've got some other obligations early this afternoon, but I will get on it as soon as I am back at my work shop and post what I come up with, cool?

Ummmm.... would you like your Terminal to be "lighted"? It wouldn't be hard to do (with an ordinary string of Christmas lights , and would make for a STUNNING display! Let me know?

Just like you, I generally shun aftermarket products because with just a little imagination, they can be reproduced easily, and usually with better end results than the store bought stuff.... and a H*LL of a lot cheaper!

UPDATE.... Just finished sketching how "I" would make a Terminal Building from the table leg you're working with.....
                http://gunsagogo.org/terminalbuilding.jpg

**Additional suggestion: Once you get the clear plastic sheet sized and cut, but before folding the corners, you could lay it down FLAT and apply the colored tape window frames (making sure the frames line up with the space between the wood blocks), then apply the colored tape which will be the building's color ** This will reduce the risk of bending the plastic after it's already attched to the building.

If you wanted to light it up, you could cut the wooden support blocks a little shorter, and string the Christmas lights underneath them, letting a bulb come up in the space between the blocks. If this is done, however, you should spray the INSIDE of the clear plastic sheet with Testors Dullcoat so the windows will appear frosted, thus, dispersing the light.

Hope this helps with some ideas...
                Frank

Comment

John,
                  Looks great! Can't wait to see the end result.
                  Frank,
                  I love your ideas that I've seen so far! I've always wanted to be a modeler...the only thing standing in my way is the distinct lack of talent I have in that department.
                  Regards,
                  Mitch

Comment

Thanks Mitch,

I appreciate your kind words.

John, and all...

Also, here's a schematic of how to build a Control Tower to affix on your Terminal.

Building things to have clear windows, opens up a whole world of additional detailing possibilities...

http://gunsagogo.org/controltower.jpg

Hope this plants some ideas.

Take care, and thanks!
                    Frank

Comment

i actually changed my airport around today.
                      i will provide pictures of the construction

Comment

I am actually stunned to see your fine work there, mate.
                        I didnt know you were that good. It all looks good, but finding clear plastic will be a challenge for me. Btw Im gonna send you some files, it contains the big terminal, my inspiration is the EKCH airport.

I have saved your work at my computer.

It sure does open up the possiblities with your help. So thanks alot.

I'll get back to you soon.

Comment

actually i plan to open up a 1/500 scale canadian airport museum. it'll have most candian airports at it.

and thanks for the comment

Comment

Working...
                          X