Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom made Jetbridges is alot cheaper to make and fun too....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom made Jetbridges is alot cheaper to make and fun too....

I will be making some custom made jetbridges.

I will use 8mm square tubes and 7.2mm square tubes for the closest part of the jetbridge near the Terminal.

Materials that I'll be using...
    Dont laugh, this is only a prototype ...

C-rex’s Jetbridge Prototype

1. "Candlelight" cut about 1 inch (as base)
    2. 8mm Square tube
    3. 6.4mm Square tube
    4. 1.2mm cylinder tube (for joints)
    5. Wooden sticks (IDK what for?)

I have already jumpstarted and forgot to the the first steps in the making..

This Jetbridge is in retracted mode.

Here you see it extended mode...

Since I was that stupid to forget the glue, I had to improvise..
    I was actually shopping for new 1:200's and some 1:400's...

This is where number 4, the cylinder tube comes on the list..
    It will be used to lock joints as you can see just at start of the Jetbridge..

More to come, and I will update with process photos.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Looks pretty good, but I love the gemini ones that come with the terminal. So I probably won't be making my own. Interesting though.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
      Looks pretty good, but I love the gemini ones that come with the terminal. So I probably won't be making my own. Interesting though.
      That's an option we collectors could easily do (Buy this and buy that) Everyone can buy a GJ mat and terminal. But it sort of gives me a thrill knowing (hopefully I get this done) that I made it myself.

Anyway stay tuned.

Updates will come.

Comment

i would like to build some in 1/500 can you give me instructions? nowadays aviation world don't have many new jetway packs
        I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

I'm making my own at 1:400, using certain 8mm and 7,2mm square tubes, you need even smaller tubes for the 1:500. Which might be difficult for you as its much smaller than mine. Im having troubles to find parcitular stuff. But I will make an instruction when I get mine done. I will look for stuff that you can use at my local retailer.

Comment

Custom Jetbridges

I have gotten a little step onwards to the finish with my jetbridges. Not quite finished yet, as they need decals such as windows, real paint so that the building looks like concrete. So far this is what I have accomplished. I have deviated from the original plans. For those who hasnt followed op on this thread, go to the first post. Anyway here's the photos.

The plastic square tubes are of evergreen scale plastics, easily purchasable at any local hobby shops. I will post a tutorial-guideline later when I start cutting them up again. These four jebridges are only prototypes.

Some randomshots of my custom jetbridges.

The jetbridges are fully extendable and retractable.

The rotunda at the building does swivel left or right, The cab on the end of the jetbridge can also swivel left or right.

The pylons that supports the jetbridges is temporary stationary ( I have not made the bridges pivot as it was killing me, due to missing parts to make those so that it CAN pivot up and down. So right now they're pretty much stationary, but thats okey cause the pier is only for widebodies anyway. lol

The pylons will be painted red and white, much similar to special visual markings.

Bonus shot.

Comment

Update:

I added stairs near the cab at the end of jetbridges.

Dont laugh about my Ground foil, its just a sketch, and it has got the lowest priority so far.......

Added also 25-30 containers and 1 Tug.

Close up of the bridge. Added a rail on the top of the bridge.

Still raw, Needs paint.. Need additional art and cuts here and there,

Comment

you gonna tell us how you made it? come o i have a few 1/400 that need a home and i'm planing on makeing some. but i don't know how
                I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Originally posted by porter guy
                  you gonna tell us how you made it? come o i have a few 1/400 that need a home and i'm planing on makeing some. but i don't know how
                  I will make a tutorial (step by step) as soon when I will make new jetbridges. Otherwise I accept orders for custom made jetbridges if ever you need some. But you might want to wait and see what I end up with these first.

Just send an inquiry to email at geromeister (at) gmail.com

Comment

That stuff looks pretty neat. Interesting hobby.

Btw what's C-Rex??

Comment

Originally posted by magic48
                      That stuff looks pretty neat. Interesting hobby.

Btw what's C-Rex??
                      Neat, but very time consuming, but all worth it as I save many bucks in the end. Buying sets of jetbridges costs about 25 USD. So I decided to do them in custom instead. Also I have started making GSE's as well. The same goes about the GSE packs. Too expensive for my taste.

To give you an example. I took a few snapshots of the Airport fire truck.

Btw. C-Rex is my username on aircraft model forums.
                      Well right now the red paint is not real, I used a pentel pen, just to give you guys an idea on its design. I welcome comments or suggestions anytime..

Comment

Working...
                      X