FleetBuilding the KLM in 1:400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FleetBuilding the KLM in 1:400

I have recieved a large quanity of the KLM fleet today.

And quickly set it up for photoshooting. Now since my diorama is still under construction, this is the best I can do right now, due to lack of space.

Enjoy.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Inactive from May 1 2009.

nice! what brand are they?

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
      nice! what brand are they?
      Dragon PH-DCI DC8-53 O/C
      Dragon PH-BZJ B767-300ER N/C
      Gemini N237NW NW/KLM split livery O/C
      Gemini PH-DTA DC10 O/C
      Ggemini PH-KCE MD11 O/C
      Dragon PH-KCJ MD11 N/C
      Gemini PH-AOA A332 N/C
      Dragon PH-KCJ B777-200ER N/C
      Bigbird PH-BUE B747-200 "KLM Garuda hybird"GJ B747-200 "A. H.G. Fokker" O/C
      Bigbird PH-BUU B747-300 O/C
      Bigbird PH-BFA B747-400 O/C
      Gemini B747-400F N/C
      Herpa PH-BFH B747-400 O/C
      Dragon PH-BFU B747-400 Combi "80th Anniversary" N/C

Not inculded/ still on the way.
      KLM / Kenya 742's
      KLM 739's
      KLM DC9's

and about 20-30 KL models more.

Comment

Wow! I'm gaining interest in model collecting, where do you suggest I start? I don't have a lot of room so I can't get models that are too big but I want something that's detailed. Is 1:400 a good size to start out with?

-Chris

Comment

where do you suggest I start?
          Finally someone shows a little bit of interest in collecting models.

Originally posted by z740
          I can't get models that are too big
          The 1:200 scale is gaining ground, getting more popular than itwill ever be. Gemini Jets offers an exceptional GJ200 scale line, in the same category with Herpa Premium which offers their models expensive as it can get. Gemini Jets, Hogan Wings, Risesoon/Skymarks, Long Prosper and many more. Lots of choices indeed. RS/SM and Hogans is the ones I recommend. Herpa Premiums are very detailed, but you might lose an arm and a leg for one model.
          I don't have a lot of room
          I suggest 1:500 scale models, Herpa and Netmodels are some of the best choices out there, Herpa are really improving their moulds. Recommended manufacturer.

but I want something that's detailed.
          Than you should go with 1:400scale models. This is the top of the line scale that is collected the most by aviation collectors.

Phoenix Models: All Metal, Superb mould, the gears looks very detailed. Schemes can't get any better. Models comes with rolling gears. even on 777's. Recommended as 1.
          Dragon Wings: Metal body and plastic wings, but superb details. Recommended as 2.
          Gemini Jets: All Metal, Excellent mould - still with old gear-mould, but its improving, Offers rolling gears on new airliners like the 787, A380. looks promising. Recommended as 3.
          Big Bird: Excellent mould, lots of details on the gears. Recommended as 4.
          Aeroclassics: Pretty nice mould, OLD Gen models looked like crap, but the models lookes about 2 times better now. Recommended as 5, but goes directly as number 1 if you want classic airliners.

The rest are junks, although you can find some exciting models by Magic, Euroclassics and many more.. PM me if you have more questions...
          Last edited by MaxPower; 2007-12-13, 12:14.

Comment

i have been gaining intrest in collecting models over the last year, just haven't started yet, i like gj 1:400s, but if others are recomended i will check it out too, but when it comes to durability, which are the best?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrycobra Boeing
              i have been gaining intrest in collecting models over the last year, just haven't started yet, i like gj 1:400s, but if others are recomended i will check it out too, but when it comes to durability, which are the best?
              For details: pick Phoenix models, for variations: pick Dragon wings, for durability: pick Gemini Jets or BigBird, ALL metal including gears (wheels are made of hardened plastic).

You can ask your questions here at these sites.

Join us @:

http://www.wings900.com/vb/index.php

or
              http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/

Comment

Damn, John! That had to cost you an arm and a leg! When I have some extra dough I'm gonna get the terminal for my GJ mats, then I'll have some shots for you guys.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  For details: pick Phoenix models, for variations: pick Dragon wings, for durability: pick Gemini Jets or BigBird, ALL metal including gears (wheels are made of hardened plastic).

You can ask your questions here at these sites.

Join us @:

http://www.wings900.com/vb/index.php

or
                  http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/
                  alright, thanks, sorry for hijacking ur thread

Comment

Jerry. Don't hesitate to ask questions. I'll be more than happy to help you out with the models. Just pm me or better yet, join me there on the sites in my previous post.

Damn, John! That had to cost you an arm and a leg! When I have some extra dough I'm gonna get the terminal for my GJ mats, then I'll have some shots for you guys.
                    Im losing my right arm for this hobby, and Im about to lose the other arm too (when gf starts chewing the other arm, I think it means she wants me to stop? ) Haha...............NEVER, Woman !!

Anyhow my diorama isn't finished yet due to my work taking all my time.

Comment

Nice collection, the DC.8 and GA 742 in mix c/s take the cake ...
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

if anyone is more itnterested in building their own airport instead of buying one i recommend herpa wings 1/500 scale. that is were most accesories are found
                        I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                          Nice collection, the DC.8 and GA 742 in mix c/s take the cake ...
                          Thank you Alain.

You like the GA742? I got a KLM scheme with Kenya titles as well sort of like this below.

--------------------
                          In service for
                          Kenya Airways
                          o o o o o o o o o

--------------
                          ------

I took some snapshots, photos will be posted soon.

Comment

Just to let you know that dual livery NW/KL was a Northwest plane, never flew for KL.

Comment

sfczxc

Originally posted by chrisburns
                              Just to let you know that dual livery NW/KL was a Northwest plane, never flew for KL.
                              I know, I just thought it looked good together with the BLUE fleet, I dont have that many NWA's yet to make the KL/NW DC10 look good.
                              Blue is blue, whoever operated it. Many collectors were against the idea of putting the hybrids in the KLM collection.
                              Last edited by MaxPower; 2008-01-04, 21:21.

Comment

Working...
                              X