Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little section of my model airport (w/ photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxpower, do you just get the evergreen plastic at a hobby shop? Or do you have to order it? And just to ask a few more questions, can you cut it with a razor blade, draw with a sharpie, and use superglue? Ive never herd of that stuff, then again Im just a newcomer to makeing that stuff.
    Will C.

Comment

Have you seen my Beluga thread?
      Originally posted by Will_Power
      Maxpower, do you just get the evergreen plastic at a hobby shop? Or do you have to order it?
      The first times where I talked with my local hobby shop, that I was expermenting with Scaled GSE's and I convinced the hobby shopowner to donate some of his evergreen stuff, and returning the favor, I promote his shop.
      And just to ask a few more questions, can you cut it with a razor blade, draw with a sharpie, and use superglue? Ive never herd of that stuff, then again Im just a newcomer to makeing that stuff.
      LOL You need a stronger blade than just razor blades, I use 3 different kinds of cutters, A light duty for small detail cutting, a small one for cutting small square hollow tubes and the large one for cutting solid square strips. And yes, you can use any type of glue, but Superglue or Plastic Cement Glue are preferable.

http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/

Dont hesitate to pm me or reply here if you 'll have more questions.-
      Last edited by MaxPower; 2008-01-05, 08:46.
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Oh, trust me, John. I'm very good with my fingers.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I know you have seen the other parts.

I have just finished the A380 Jetbridge. Just need a proper colour for the bridges.

Like I promised for someone here, The Tri-Jetbridge for a A380.

Comment

Good stuff, John. That SQ 777 looks dwarfed.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Even excellent, overall dimensions, pod width, wing area, whichever, the display speaks by itself.
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

John, would the plastic be to big and hard to work with for 1:500 models? I know those jetbridges and ground equip. must be a little tricky to make. Planes in the 1:500 scale is mainly what I collect, I only have 6 or 7 1:400 planes versus about 50 1:500 planes. I have already invested a little bit of money in a large herpa airport matt and a few buildings. Would it be too weird looking if I continued with homemade buildings/ground equip?

Thanks,
                Will C.

Comment

John, would the plastic be to big and hard to work with for 1:500 models? I know those jetbridges and ground equip. must be a little tricky to make. Planes in the 1:500 scale is mainly what I collect, I only have 6 or 7 1:400 planes versus about 50 1:500 planes. I have already invested a little bit of money in a large herpa airport matt and a few buildings. Would it be too weird looking if I continued with homemade buildings/ground equip?

Thanks,
                  No, I wouldn't say so. Evergreen have different kinds of sizes of plastic. For instance you're just limited for what your local hobby shop have in the store, but if you know what you're looking for, you can order the evergreen stuff. via your local shop. It is both hard and easy as you need to be working in fine details, I have a hard time making my GSE's in 1:400 scale, but with a little inspiration and knows what it will look like in the end, it will go smooth, it sure does help to visualize what you expect it to look like in the end. Working with evergreen plastic is easy cause of the soft plastic, even the solid tubes can be cut easily with a box cutter, for smaller GSE's, you can use a lightweight cutter. If ever you need any help, just pm me. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
                  John

Comment

Looked at this thing 12 times and still shaking my head!

John:

Amazing work! And the bridges! INCREDIBLE! All you're gonna need when you are done is the freakin jet noise and tower chatter! WOW! Keep her comin! Great work!

Stephen C.
                    intruder500

Comment

Working...
                    X