Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little section of my model airport (w/ photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intruder500
    replied
    Looked at this thing 12 times and still shaking my head!

John:

Amazing work! And the bridges! INCREDIBLE! All you're gonna need when you are done is the freakin jet noise and tower chatter! WOW! Keep her comin! Great work!

Stephen C.
    intruder500

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Originally posted by Will_Power
    John, would the plastic be to big and hard to work with for 1:500 models? I know those jetbridges and ground equip. must be a little tricky to make. Planes in the 1:500 scale is mainly what I collect, I only have 6 or 7 1:400 planes versus about 50 1:500 planes. I have already invested a little bit of money in a large herpa airport matt and a few buildings. Would it be too weird looking if I continued with homemade buildings/ground equip?

Thanks,
    No, I wouldn't say so. Evergreen have different kinds of sizes of plastic. For instance you're just limited for what your local hobby shop have in the store, but if you know what you're looking for, you can order the evergreen stuff. via your local shop. It is both hard and easy as you need to be working in fine details, I have a hard time making my GSE's in 1:400 scale, but with a little inspiration and knows what it will look like in the end, it will go smooth, it sure does help to visualize what you expect it to look like in the end. Working with evergreen plastic is easy cause of the soft plastic, even the solid tubes can be cut easily with a box cutter, for smaller GSE's, you can use a lightweight cutter. If ever you need any help, just pm me. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    John

Leave a comment:

• Will_Power
    replied
    John, would the plastic be to big and hard to work with for 1:500 models? I know those jetbridges and ground equip. must be a little tricky to make. Planes in the 1:500 scale is mainly what I collect, I only have 6 or 7 1:400 planes versus about 50 1:500 planes. I have already invested a little bit of money in a large herpa airport matt and a few buildings. Would it be too weird looking if I continued with homemade buildings/ground equip?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• uy707
    replied
    Even excellent, overall dimensions, pod width, wing area, whichever, the display speaks by itself.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Good stuff, John. That SQ 777 looks dwarfed.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    I know you have seen the other parts.

I have just finished the A380 Jetbridge. Just need a proper colour for the bridges.

Like I promised for someone here, The Tri-Jetbridge for a A380.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Oh, trust me, John. I'm very good with my fingers.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Have you seen my Beluga thread?
    Maxpower, do you just get the evergreen plastic at a hobby shop? Or do you have to order it?
    The first times where I talked with my local hobby shop, that I was expermenting with Scaled GSE's and I convinced the hobby shopowner to donate some of his evergreen stuff, and returning the favor, I promote his shop.
    And just to ask a few more questions, can you cut it with a razor blade, draw with a sharpie, and use superglue? Ive never herd of that stuff, then again Im just a newcomer to makeing that stuff.
    LOL You need a stronger blade than just razor blades, I use 3 different kinds of cutters, A light duty for small detail cutting, a small one for cutting small square hollow tubes and the large one for cutting solid square strips. And yes, you can use any type of glue, but Superglue or Plastic Cement Glue are preferable.

http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/

Dont hesitate to pm me or reply here if you 'll have more questions.-
    Last edited by MaxPower; 2008-01-05, 08:46.

Leave a comment:

• Will_Power
    replied
    Maxpower, do you just get the evergreen plastic at a hobby shop? Or do you have to order it? And just to ask a few more questions, can you cut it with a razor blade, draw with a sharpie, and use superglue? Ive never herd of that stuff, then again Im just a newcomer to makeing that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Originally posted by Crunk415balla
    Thanks. But I am very interested in your custom GSE. How did you go about making those? The catering truck is amazing! Plus it must be cheaper than buying GJ or DW GSE.
    Those are made of Evergreen plastic. Strips and square tubes, round tubes all in different sizes. Very convenient to use, as Evergreen produces a lot of them and they are in wide variety. Evergreen Sheets as large as A4 page can be used for walls or rooftops. Very easy to cut and form.
    Yes It is alot cheaper to make on your own, depends how good you are with your fingers though, cause there's alot of detail-cutting in the custom work, Ihave done so far, As I found out. LOL. It is a little time consuming but its all fun to have made parts of it, and to not just buy anything, which btw I considered was too easy. It pays off in the end. And I can basically make whatever I want. GJ or DW only make certain GSE's. While as a Customizor I have free hands to make whatever I need.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Thanks. But I am very interested in your custom GSE. How did you go about making those? The catering truck is amazing! Plus it must be cheaper than buying GJ or DW GSE.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Oh, it just reminded me a bit of the PAL terminal at RPLL.

I'm lazy so I'm just using the GJ terminal/airport. I still need the terminal, but I've had the mats for a year now.
    Maybe so, the corner of it, yeah ! The PAL terminal jetways looks much better though, they have pylons supporting the jetways..

Good luck with your airport, keep me updated when you get your terminal.

Btw you might want to see this thread from w900.

Adding people inside the GJ terminal.
    http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...-terminal.html

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Oh, it just reminded me a bit of the PAL terminal at RPLL.

I'm lazy so I'm just using the GJ terminal/airport. I still need the terminal, but I've had the mats for a year now.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Looks great, John. Let me guess, RPLL was your inspiration. Love the detail on the tarmac, can't wait to see it all done.
    Thanks. Actually the inspiration is not really based on any particular airport, I made that out from my mind via Google earth. It is tough as I am freehanding the layout, making it the way I really want it... That way I can add more details into it unlike those you see on premade GJ layout or other ones. Stay tune, I'll keep this one updated.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Looks great, John. Let me guess, RPLL was your inspiration. Love the detail on the tarmac, can't wait to see it all done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X