Wanna see my models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna see my models?

For those interested, I have photos of Minicraft MD-82 and Welsh Models MD-11 in Finnair livery:

My homepage

click on the models page!

Have fun ! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Wanna see my models?

It's looking very nice!
    [img]clap.gif[/img]

Comment

Wanna see my models?

quote:
      Originally posted by Aeronautics:
      It's looking very nice!
      [img]clap.gif[/img]

I agree [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
      Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is wat's dangerous.
      http://www.luchtmacht.net

Comment

Wanna see my models?

WOW!!

Those models are absolutely stunning! [img]clap.gif[/img]
        Trump is an idiot!
        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Wanna see my models?

Thanks for your kind words guys!

Lately I have not been modeling much due to lack of time, but I hope to get back to my workbech soon... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Juha Stenberg
          EFHK/HEL

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Wanna see my models?

Just hella cool....

could you tell me how can I learn to model that way and what materials are needed?

P.D: Model some Avianca planes (if you wish of course)
            P.D2: Suomi seems cool to me too

Comment

Wanna see my models?

I know Chris has an ample amount of models...hehehe
              Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
              Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
              http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Wanna see my models?

quote:
                Originally posted by Stephen Tornblom:
                Hej Juha,

Nice photos! Did you get your decals from Greg Drawbaugh? He has a great line of decals. I am in the process(very slow process) of building a minicraft 757 in Finnair Santa colors. Keep up the good work.

Stephen

Jep, that's were I got them! BTW I'm working with SAS MD-80, 87 and A340-300, B737-800 is almost ready! All in current scheme of course [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Avianca 757, MD-82 is made from Minicraft kit and MD-11 from Welsh Models. Both in 1:144th scale. I use Badger 150 airbrush for painting. It's difficult to explain all the "trics" and so on, but I suggest you join to AMD (Airliner Modelling Digest) -group:
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/airlinermodelling/

Lot's of helpful guys there and a lot of knowledge and tips about modeling! I recommed it highly to everyone, who is interested in airliner modeling!
                It's a must [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And that Avianca B757 in retro colors looks very nice...hmm
                Yes Suomi is really cool now, climate is below zero celsius right now [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks for your compliments guys [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Juha
                HEL/EFHK

Comment

Wanna see my models?

I can't wait to see your new SAS stuff!! I am a huge SAS fan, infact I like most of the Nordic Airlines.

Stephen

Comment

Wanna see my models?

Hej Juha,

Nice photos! Did you get your decals from Greg Drawbaugh? He has a great line of decals. I am in the process(very slow process) of building a minicraft 757 in Finnair Santa colors. Keep up the good work.

Stephen

Comment

Wanna see my models?

WHAT!? There's a Finnair 757 by Minicraft!? Impossible, last I heard they only had American, United, and TWA 757's!

Continental [img]skeptical.gif[/img]

Comment

Wanna see my models?

quote:
                        Originally posted by Continental:
                        WHAT!? There's a Finnair 757 by Minicraft!? Impossible, last I heard they only had American, United, and TWA 757's!

Continental [img]skeptical.gif[/img]

That's right, Minicraft has not released Finnair kit, you have to buy decal separately from Draw Decal: [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
                        www.drawdecal.com

Juha

Comment

Wanna see my models?

Modeler, those are AWESOME! Your detailing is exquisite!
                          [img]clap.gif[/img] I haven;t built an airplane model in years but would like to know more. Do you kitbash the slats and flaps in order to get them to look like you do. Or do they come that way?
                          Witness the miracle of flight.
                          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Wanna see my models?

quote:
                            Originally posted by mirrodie:
                            Modeler, those are AWESOME! Your detailing is exquisite!
                            [img]clap.gif[/img] I haven;t built an airplane model in years but would like to know more. Do you kitbash the slats and flaps in order to get them to look like you do. Or do they come that way?

Hi mirrodie,

Minicraft MD-80 kit becomes with recessed panel lines, slats, flaps, ailerons and spoilers, so no need to scribe them! I recommend the kit highly, it's exellent! Part fitting is the best I've ever seen in any civil aircraft kit yet!

Welsh MD-11 is a vacu-form kit, it has recessed panel lines too, but because the nature of vacform technique and other things the quality is a bit lower than on injection molded kits (Revell, Minicraft, Hasegawa...). I fill ALL recessed lines on every vac-kit I make (a matter of taste also). What I did with MD-11 was after final clear coat I "scribed" flaps, ailerons and spoilers with dulled pin. Then I rubbed soft pencil against recessed lines [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and here is the Welsh Models web site: http://www.welshmodels.co.uk

Juha

Comment

Wanna see my models?

I looked at some of your pictures and they were nice. Your site is nice too. I only have these aircraft

Delta 777-200(Geminijet)
                              Egyptair 777-200(Dragon Wings)
                              Malasyia Airlines A330(Dragon Wings)
                              United DC-10-30(Dragon Wings)
                              United 767-200(Dragon Wings)
                              World Airways MD-11(Dragon Wings)
                              Airbus A319CJ(Dragon Wings)
                              That's what I have now. I plan to get a Continental 757-300 from someplace but not now. It may take time before I get another one but if I do see anymore cheap ones I will probably get one.

Comment

Working...
                              X