Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Made Cathay Pacific "Spirit" B747-400 1/200

Hey:

Here is a custom made 1/200 scale Cathay Pacific "Spirit of HK 97". I was wondering if anyone else have made similar models of their special liveries such as "Royal Barge", "Qantas Wunala Dreaming" and others and would like to share ideas on the livery making and others.

I am interesting in wanting to make one a special livery for Qantas Wunala Dreaming B747-400. Any advice on the livery decals and template would be appreciated.

CATHAY PACIFIC [Spirit of HK 97]

Here is another simple modification to the body paint

VIRGIN ATLANTIC

Cheers - Jay

Jay,

Nice models!

Don't know much about customs.. my specialty is the 1:400 diecast models.
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Hey Chris!!!

No Problem!!! I know the technique of trasnfering digital livery to decals prints. But making the digital livery to fit the decals and the decals correctly on the aircraft is a pain. HK or 97 was relatively easy because it is just one stripe down the side.

Now Qantas Wunala on the other hand is killer livery to make. Chris, you or your company would not mind sharing their Qantas Wunala digital livery with me would you? LOL!!!!

J/K, that would be releasing company propietary information . Many thanks for your help and sorry I could not make it up to LAS this weekend. Hopefully in the near future.

Cheers - Jay

Comment

Re: Hey Chris!!!

Originally posted by marco_polo
        Now Qantas Wunala on the other hand is killer livery to make. Chris, you or your company would not mind sharing their Qantas Wunala digital livery with me would you? LOL!!!!
        We haven't done Wunala, or Nalanji.
        Trump is an idiot!
        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Jay,

Here are a few decal sheets of special colour schemes you may be interested in....

Thai Royal Barge
          QANTAS Formula One
          Ansett Australia Sydney 2000 747-300
          Singapore Airlines 1000th 747
          UPS Olympic 747-200

For others, I suggest you do a search on the Hannants website

www.hannants.co.uk

If you want to move up to 1/144, Brasil Decals to both Nalanji and Wunala (VH-OJB). However, there's a bit of surgery involved to get a 747-300 in 1/144.

Comment

Dumb question from a newbie...who makes those models? and where can I get them?

-Cam
            My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Look up to the thread's title:

Custom Made Cathay Pacific "Spirit" B747-400 1/200

Comment

Chris,

Check again on the Nalanji

Comment

where is the Ansett ones :P
                  Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Still no responce
                    Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Hi Marco Polo,

Nice models!! Are they Hasegawa 1/200?
                      Where did you get those liveries from?
                      I also hope I can get some Malaysia Airlines ones but they have been hard to find.

By the way, Cathay Pacific only have 747-400s with Rolls Royces engines only, they don't have GE or PW engines (as in your models).

Comment

Hey 9M-MRN & Ansett

Hey Guys:

I am sorry about the response. I have not check JP lately and thanks for begin patience... . 9M-MRN, I agree that CX Spirit of HK is Rolls Royce base powerplant but I am unable to obtain the Hasegawa 1/200 with Rolls Royces back then. Hasegawa makes the one with Qantas livery but finding it was a pain. I just got one 3 weeks ago from a store here. It is really hard to come by.

Well anyway yes these are Hasegawa models 1/200. Decals are customs made by a guy I know up in SEA. If you noticed CX Spriti of HK 97 which is supposed to be on the B743, is on the B744. I just did it for the kick of it cause I think is looks really cool on the B744. Plus I modified a lot of colos on the powerplants, and wings. Note I have him modified the tail decal color to purple also.

Funny you mentioned Malaysia, I just got Malasia B744 decals about 2 months ago and that was the last of it I have seen. Again a friend of mine got it for me and he could find another since then. I usuall keep one for collection and another set for building but in this case this one decal of Malasysia will have to be for keep-sake .

I myself don't know where to get these decals and most of it are either from Haseqawa or my friend makes it for me. He and I share the graphics design but he does the printing. There are decals kit you can buy to print them on either laser or (ink-jet - I think).

I am sure there has got to be places or company wjere they makes decals. If smaller scales such as 1/400 & 1/500 has tons of decals, there must be ones for larger models such as 1/144 or 1/200.

Twr75 gave me a website, www.hannants.co.uk. These guys makes pretty neat decals but they are in the U.K. You may be able to get something already made from them. I wish you good luck and if you do make the B744 Malaysia, you gotta post it here.

BTW... pretty excited, my buddy and I are getting started on two new models 1/200 B744 British Airways in Wunala and Nalanji tails. Hopefully will be completed in a months or so. I will post it when they are done.

Cheers - Jay

Comment

Re: Hey 9M-MRN & Ansett

Originally posted by marco_polo
                          Well anyway yes these are Hasegawa models 1/200. Decals are customs made by a guy I know up in SEA. If you noticed CX Spriti of HK 97 which is supposed to be on the B743, is on the B744.
                          HK 97 was a 747-200

[photoid=78544]
                          Stéphane

Comment

Re: Hey Chris!!!

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
                            We haven't done Wunala, or Nalanji.
                            And so, what are you waiting for ?
                            Stéphane

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
                              Dumb question from a newbie...who makes those models? and where can I get them?

-Cam
                              1/400 models are mostly made by :

GeminiJets (hey Chris )
                              http://www.geminijets.com/

Dragon
                              http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/catalog/wings/
                              http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com
                              Stéphane

Comment

Working...
                              X