What Plane Parts need to be in Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Plane Parts need to be in Picture

Hey guys,,,(Sticky ? ) Is there a Guide on here explaining what plane parts you need to include, or parts you can cut off on
    tight shots or close ups, etc. I've never understood the process. I sometimes cut a wing off to get the shot centered.
    Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Steve

Click image for larger version

Name:	21apr20N471MCpic4.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	580.1 KB
ID:	1088388
    Click to view my pictures on Jetphotos.net. Thanks!!

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5984

Originally posted by steve View Post
    Hey guys,,,(Sticky ? ) Is there a Guide on here explaining what plane parts you need to include, or parts you can cut off on
    tight shots or close ups, etc. I've never understood the process. I sometimes cut a wing off to get the shot centered.
    Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Steve

Click image for larger version

Name:	21apr20N471MCpic4.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	580.1 KB
ID:	1088388
    Since it's subject, you won't find any hard and fast guidelines. Best to only crop if it's well motivated (i.e. there is a real eason to do so), and if you do, avoid cutting any essential parts (engines, stabilizers, etc..)

In your example above, you haven't cut the stabilizer, which is good, but is there a strong reason to cut the wingtip? I'd argue no, and so think the chance is very real that it would be rejected for that reason.

Comment

dlowwa,
      After looking at this pic I realized I should have left the wing in there. I cropped it down and cut part of the stabilizer off. Motivation is the key to the screener, to me it's a good picture
      But I've seen all kinds of crops and chopped up tight shots. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. For some reason there seems to be a lot of white wrapper aircraft lately. Click image for larger version

Name:	21apr20N471MCpic4crop.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	481.0 KB
ID:	1088430
      Click to view my pictures on Jetphotos.net. Thanks!!

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5984

Comment

As mentioned above, there is no hard rule regarding cropping. In my opinion, from that angle I much prefer to see the whole wing and stab and not the chopped off version, like in your last post. You still focus essentially on the whole aircraft, so there is no need to chop off that wingtip and stab.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
        X