Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct category for the Thunderbirds

Hi everyone:

Does anybody know if special scheme category applies for the thunderbirds? or which category do I need to select? I'm searching on the forum topics but there's no answers on it.

Best Regards.

National Air Force/Navy/Army recognised display teams do not require Special scheme category.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by CityHopper View Post
      Hi everyone:

Does anybody know if special scheme category applies for the thunderbirds? or which category do I need to select? I'm searching on the forum topics but there's no answers on it.

Best Regards.
      First of all, let me welcome you here at jetphotos, you shiny brandnew member.

I just asked the internet with the words "Thunderbird jet" . And the internet gave me this answer:
      https://www.airforce.com/news/thunde...er-leader-over

So, since a few minutes, I know that the US Thunderbirds all fly the a/c type, and this is where it gets interesting, I'd say
      General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon.
      But I was already on this planet when the Falcon was inaugurated, and that was August 1978 .

In 1993, something has changed concerning the F-16 Falcon. Lockheed took over, and since 1993, the F-16 Falcon is produced by Lockheed.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say how I found out that in the jetphotos database, there are 25,142 jetphotos of the F-16 Falcon. Here are only 3 examples, and I can tell you that both factories are in the list, General Dynamics (since 1978_) as well as Lockheed . And can you tell me if all of the following jetphotos are Thunderbirds? I mean, only the "airline" really stays the same.

But the a/c reg category and the aircraft category gives us an overview of.. at least 5 Thunderbirds, imho. And the funny thing is, nowhere in jetphotos categories you'll find the word
      Thunderbird F-16. That's what I have found:

91-0392. General Dynamics F-16C Fighting Falcon. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

General Dynamics F-16 (since 1978_).

(1800Px...). 92-3896. Lockheed Martin F-16C Fighting Falcon. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Lockheed F-16 (since 1993).

(1600Px...). 92-3881. General Dynamics F-16C Fighting Falcon. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

General Dynamics F-16 (since 1978_). A whole fleet of them.

All these are Thunderbirds? Then I've really learned something today. Not all USAF F-16 jets wear the standard gray color.

PS: Sorry for the confusion. Here on my home airport we know the Lockheed Tristar, inaugurated 1970.
      But in case of the F-16, Lockheed is the newer one.
      Two different factories for only one a/c type, .. how easy it is with my avatar.
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-01-15, 02:27. Reason: How easy it could be. 747. One a/c type, and one manufacturer.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

I am very very sorry, but I can't get ahold of myself when it comes to aircraft types which are inaugurated in the 1970s, I mean, Gabriel, that is our decade.

Now I have a little quiz for all of us. A comparison. Which option is the stronger one.

111,924 kg with 295 kN
        or
        19,187 kg with 76.31 kN

?

Every human being who during the mathematics lessons was present at school when we all were only a little bit older than 6 years knows the answer at once. 76 x 5 = 380 .

But where do these numbers come from. Only that far, the numbers indeed are on topic, at least when I am writing with my nickname.

To be continued, still this weekend.
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
        X