No announcement yet.

30 Slots with 80.00% acceptance ratio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Slots with 80.00% acceptance ratio?

Hello here,

This might be a bit random but I heard from my friends that once you got at least 1000 photos accepted with an overall acceptance ratio above 80.00% you could actually apply for 10 more slots. Just like to confirm if this is true since I see my friends got almost 1000 photos in DB last year and he`s definitely not a JP Elite member. Thanks!

Originally posted by OCFLT_OMGcat View Post
    Hello here,

This might be a bit random but I heard from my friends that once you got at least 1000 photos accepted with an overall acceptance ratio above 80.00% you could actually apply for 10 more slots. Just like to confirm if this is true since I see my friends got almost 1000 photos in DB last year and he`s definitely not a JP Elite member. Thanks!
    If not a former JP Elite, there is no way currently to have more than 20 slots.

Getting ~20 images accepted a week for a year would add up to around 1000, so it doesn't seem unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Getting ~20 images accepted a week for a year would add up to around 1000, so it doesn't seem unreasonable.
      And how a former JP Elite can get more than 20 slots?

I am a former JP Elite and when I asked for more slots, it was denied.

While the site does not have the slots based in acceptance ratio, I think two possibilities: 1- all ex Elite membres have the slots; 2- nobody have it (and the screening queue goes faster for all 20-slots-users)

I myself cannot get more slots even being former Elite member and I have to wait a longer queue becase some people has way more slots to make the queue longer and longer...

In the last 365 days, with an acceptance ratio of 89,7% and doing my best to use every slot I had, I got only 560 photos accepted...

Comment

I think I was elite in the past, but cannot confirm, so many years. There is a way to check it?

20 images a week with a 10 days queue is not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by llpilch View Post

If you were not Elite when the site was sold in 2015, the extra slots did not carry over, and we have not given new slots to anyone since then. We've asked FR24 to implement our solution to this (ratio-based slot availability), but we have been waiting several years now so probably not much chance that will ever happen if we're being honest.

Originally posted by lgabardo View Post
          20 images a week with a 10 days queue is not possible.
          Queue has varied between 3 and 14 days this year, so are you really sure it's totally impossible? In any case, this 'friend' has not been identified, so no way to know if this story is just conjecture or not.

Comment

Originally posted by llpilch View Post

While the site does not have the slots based in acceptance ratio, I think two possibilities: 1- all ex Elite membres have the slots; 2- nobody have it (and the screening queue goes faster for all 20-slots-users)

I myself cannot get more slots even being former Elite member and I have to wait a longer queue becase some people has way more slots to make the queue longer and longer...

In the last 365 days, with an acceptance ratio of 89,7% and doing my best to use every slot I had, I got only 560 photos accepted...
            Leandro,
            You got your elite slots privilege removed after your ban a few years ago. All banned users, when returning get the twenty slots, that's the way it's always been. There's no reasons to have old privilege for people we needed to ban because they didn't respect the JP simple rules.

And yes I agree it would be maybe more fair to have everyone at twenty now but.... you need to know that the over twenty slots are only responsible for about... five percent of the whole queue so not much effect there.

What is causing pressure on the queue is...

- Tons of news users
            - Too numerous appeals which take a tons of time to screen, time we don't spend on the regular queue. And yes a lot of people abusing the appeal system even if we have about fifteen users restricted now due to appeal abuses....

Regards
            Alex
            Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2022-01-18, 16:01.

Comment

If you were not Elite when the site was sold in 2015, the extra slots did not carry over, and we have not given new slots to anyone since then. We've asked FR24 to implement our solution to this (ratio-based slot availability), but we have been waiting several years now so probably not much chance that will ever happen if we're being honest.
              Ok, understood. I wasn't Elite in 2015 indeed.
              That's pretty sad, the ratio-based slots would be simply awesome to the site.

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post

Leandro,
              You got your elite slots privilege removed after your ban a few years ago. All banned users, when returning get the twenty slots, that's the way it's always been. There's no reasons to have old privilege for people we needed to ban because they didn't respect the JP simple rules.

And yes I agree it would be maybe more fare to have everyone at twenty now but.... you need to know that the over twenty slots are only responsible for about... five percent of the whole queue so not much effect there.

What is causing pressure on the queue is...

- Tons of news users
              - Too numerous appeals which take a tons of time to screen, time we don't spend on the regular queue. And yes a lot of people abusing the appeal system even if we have about fifteen users restricted now due to appeal abuses....

Regards
              Alex
              Ok, at least I still can appeal hahahaha.

Well, I know I may look frivolous saying that, you probably are doing all you can, but please do not give up the acceptance ratio based slots, it will be a major improvement to the site for sure.

Best regards

Comment

You are right. The acceptance/ratio would definitely be a great step forward

Cheers
                Alex

Comment

Queue has varied between 3 and 14 days this year, so are you really sure it's totally impossible? In any case, this 'friend' has not been identified, so no way to know if this story is just conjecture or not.
                  Well last year, as I remember it, the queue was below five days for about a week and somewhere between 10 and 15 days for most of the year. So yes, I would agree that 1,000 uploads with 20 slots last year was not possible unless several hundred of them were screened as priority. I upload whatever the queue allows me to each day--usually one a day, sometimes two a day, rarely more than that--and I've never come close 1,000 posted photos in a year.

I'm at around 79.2% and slowly but steadily climbing. It would be nice to have a few more slots; with five more slots I could shorten my backlog significantly, but there's no real problem if I'm stuck at 20 for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rodeback View Post

Well last year, as I remember it, the queue was below five days for about a week and somewhere between 10 and 15 days for most of the year. So yes, I would agree that 1,000 uploads with 20 slots last year was not possible unless several hundred of them were screened as priority. I upload whatever the queue allows me to each day--usually one a day, sometimes two a day, rarely more than that--and I've never come close 1,000 posted photos in a year.

I'm at around 79.2% and slowly but steadily climbing. It would be nice to have a few more slots; with five more slots I could shorten my backlog significantly, but there's no real problem if I'm stuck at 20 for the foreseeable future.
                    Agree. I`m around 93% or so but only got 610

Comment

The photographer I`m mentioning is yiran who got 953 photos accepted in 2021.

Comment

in theory, yes, but according to my personal observation and experience the queue wasn`t constant, and starting May it was like 50-60 photos per month to pass through without any rejections though the queue went slower by the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                        X