Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to add a new type - a frustrating experience...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to add a new type - a frustrating experience...

It is no wonder that new users to this site get disillusioned. I completed the new type form to add a sub type - a Piel CP-301B Emeraude for an upload of a shot of G-ASVG.

This aircraft is however in the database as a Piel CP310 Emeraude with the last shot submitted in 2011. I would be quite happy to upload it using this but am not given this option in the pull down list under Piel.
    The response to my correction was
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your submission for new aircraft

Builder: Piel
    Type : Piel Emeraude
    Model :

was rejected.

Screener comments:

This is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Can someone please tell me what I need to do.

Thanks

It seems you have forgotten to fill the field Model with Piel CP-301B Emeraude.

Have a good day!

Comment

I did actually along with comment and the link shown sbove - it does not show on the reply - give me some credit!
      Last edited by StMawganE14; 2022-04-16, 09:54.

Comment

Hi Brian,

As with several previous request I normally add a comment. But after seeing the same issues time and time again sometimes I do omit a comment. Indeed the builder was missing with the model name. Imo its quite clear to request a new type.
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Thanks Erwin. I did however include it. Somehow it did not show when it got to your desk. I will try yet again.

Comment

Erwin - out of interest, which fields were empty when submitted and did you see my explanatory note? Thnx

Comment

On the last field you fill in model. But that has to include the builder also. So for example, you want to add Boeing 707-320, you fill in off course builder; Boeing, type Boeing 707, model Boeing 707-320 (So Boeing included, not just the type)

Erwin

Comment

Thanks Erwin. i will try again.

Comment

Hi all, just to add that the type already exist...as Piel CP301E Emeraude. I added the photo below, but it is a model "E", so possibly just the other model "B" is required.
                  Here the like to the photo: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9696604

But I agree...it was rather complicated to request a new type and just getting a reject without any comment (I did a few times).

Best Regards
                  AKH

Comment

Originally posted by AKH View Post
                    Hi all, just to add that the type already exist...as Piel CP301E Emeraude. I added the photo below, but it is a model "E", so possibly just the other model "B" is required.
                    Here the like to the photo: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9696604

But I agree...it was rather complicated to request a new type and just getting a reject without any comment (I did a few times).

Best Regards
                    AKH

To be honest. On the request page there is an example to fill a new request in, and also how not to do it. Quite clear.

Erwin

Comment

Erwin, perhaps you could convey how clear it is by completing a screener comment in future should you feel that the complete information has not been provided - that would save time for everyone including you.

Comment

Originally posted by StMawganE14 View Post
                        Erwin, perhaps you could convey how clear it is by completing a screener comment in future should you feel that the complete information has not been provided - that would save time for everyone including you.
                        Afaik I normally post indeed a comment. But since it happend quite a few time.... And the instructions are clear if they are read before entering a request.

I am srry, but there are so many request coming in, airports or aircraft etc. But many do no read how to request them.

Erwin

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	xx.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	478.3 KB
ID:	1135238

Erwin

Comment

Working...
                          X