This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramp shots for locations which are not airports

I'm trying to upload a ramp shot taken in a place which is not an airport.

In case you are wondering how can there be a ramp without an airport, here is my photo: a group of planes moored in Lake Iseo in Italy during a small airshow. There is no seaplane base there, they were based there just for the few hours for a memorial airshow to commemorate a famous seaplane pilot born there. Thus, there is no ICAO code.

When choosing "Airport", the upload form does not allow me to use the "Other location" option in the location field.

How should I upload a photo like this one? Thank you for your help!

Hi Giorgio,
    under Location you select the country and then you have the option for "other location" with option for free text. Autofill would not work here.
    You can still decide if you want to upload it as Airport Overview (I think this would fit best) or if you link it to a aircraft registrastion in the picture.
    Nice picture, but you need to remove your water mark before uploading..
    Regards AKH

Comment

Originally posted by AKH View Post
      under Location you select the country and then you have the option for "other location" with option for free text.
      That's the point of my question... such option is not available when uploading photo of airports, only of aircraft. "Other location" is not available in the dropdown menu, neither at the top nor at the letter O.Click image for larger version

Name:	otherloc.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1146912

Comment

You are right...I only saw the option linked with an aircraft.

Comment

So, any word from the screeners? Thank you

Comment

If you select Italy the first option in the drop down is Other Locations. From there you can select Other location.

Then select Airport as aircraft.
            “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Hi Giorgio, not exactly a screener but still think I might add to your question, as I have quite a few "off-airport" overviews online.
              If you are *not* choosing Airport with the radio button, you get the option. Under Aircraft there is the entry "Airport". Under Operator - Other you then have the option to choose the view - I would say Ramp in your case

Hope this helps! Good luck (I have no say in your upload ) and thanks for sharing.
              Last edited by bleuair; 2022-10-30, 08:42. Reason: excluded my example shots after issue was sorted

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
                Hi Giorgio, not exactly a screener but still think I might add to your question, as I have quite a few "off-airport" overviews online.
                If you are *not* choosing Airport with the radio button, you get the option. Under Aircraft there is the entry "Airport". Under Operator - Other you then have the option to choose the view - I would say Ramp in your case.

Hope this helps! Good luck (I have no say in your upload ) and thanks for sharing.
                Thank you! This one worked!
                Last edited by bleuair; 2022-10-30, 08:43. Reason: excluded my example shots after issue was sorted

Comment

Working...
                X