X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT?

Hello,
    I have now received this rejection:
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

My comment was regarding a different horizontal stablilizer and a reply was that it is a spare part, thus not hot.
    It indeed may be a spare part, or just the livery sticker pealed off.
    However, from my point of view, regardless of whether it is a spare part or not, the result is, that there is an aircraft, that has a different appearance from what is currently published.
    And I also think, that the following point from the Guidelines does apply to this.
    The line explicitly states any change for an active aircraft and there are even shots of an aircraft in paintshop which were processed as hot after a removal of the original livery and then again after the application of the new one, which is something, that kind of confuses me then.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_4616.png Views:	0 Size:	107.5 KB ID:	1147686
    With respect above, could any screenerer/admin please comment on, whether this can be considered hot, or nor?
    Thanks.

For a change to be hot there needs to be a degree of permanency about the change. This change is minimal and will most likely to be corrected when time permits. To be honest I cannot see any dramatic difference to other shots in the database.
    If I was still a screener I would reject the hot claim. A person more cynical than I might even consider it to be a queue jumping attempt !
    Last edited by brianw999; 2022-10-30, 09:24.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      For a change to be hot there needs to be a degree of permanency about the change. This change is minimal and will most likely to be corrected when time permits. To be honest I cannot see any dramatic difference to other shots in the database.
      If I was still a screener I would reject the hot claim. A person more cynical than I might even consider it to be a queue jumping attempt !
      On one hand I agree with the permanency, on the other hand, I suppose it is gonna fly this way at least till the winter comes, and as there are shots of aircraft, that are visible not even active as they are visibly prepared, to be painted, I just thought, this could be even more valid.
      But thanks for your comment.

Comment

Like Brian said. This is just a loanpart, not a deliberate change of livery.
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

OK, thank you both.
          Will put it to the regular queue.

Comment

I've wondered about this type of thing, so I'm glad to see it was brought it.

It's a terrific shot, though, so it will be nice to see it added to the DB.

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
              Like Brian said. This is just a loanpart, not a deliberate change of livery.
              Now just a question purely out of curiosity: Once this shot is processed regularly and the livery gets possibly fixed afterwards, will the subsequent shot of a complete (permanent) livery be hot?

Comment

Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post

Now just a question purely out of curiosity: Once this shot is processed regularly and the livery gets possibly fixed afterwards, will the subsequent shot of a complete (permanent) livery be hot?
                I’m gonna say yes. N974AK. I remembered it bc I caught 974AK in full livery before the guy in the screenshots.

Btw…the part that got changed in your photo, is called rudder, not horizontal stabilizer
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

Btw…the part that got changed in your photo, is called rudder, not horizontal stabilizer
                  I have indeed mismatched a few parts, but I hope, that everyone got the point

Comment

Working...
                  X