Vol Mediterrani VM-1 Esqual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vol Mediterrani VM-1 Esqual

I am trying to add a photo of a Vol Mediterrani VM-1 Esqual.

I cannot find the manufacturer in the drop down list, even though there are a number of other photos of this type. Is there another name that I should be looking for?

Many thanks for any help.

Cheers
    Mark

Wow. I just thought that my forum entry, written only a few minutes ago, has simply vanished . But that's not the case. You've simply been very fast here in this forum section.

Which I always appreciate. What really is a small propeller. Do you know that our friend, the wikipedia, lists the VM-1 Esqual under this name (?):

PS: If that's the question of the evening, yes, in my eyes, the VM-1 is a small propeller. Although, this en wiki doesn't say anything about the range (dt.: Reichweite)
    of a small VM-1 propeller. 500 nautical miles?

Greetings.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. I am a little confused as I was not replying to your original post. I am just tryinbg to find this type in the Aircraft Manufacturer drop down.
      There appears to be nothing under Aerocomp or VM, so not sure how I can add the photo?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

Well. Hi!

This is what I call fast communication.

Now, I must say, my friend Alex (five years older than me ) has been here until midnight. And if you ask me, he is the man to ask about how to find a category
        for a new aircraft manufacturer, established in 2012 .

Btw, do you have a home airport, or, at least a home time zone? My time zone is Central European Time (CET) .

Very very good. After almost 14 years in my case, or in your case almost ..19 years, still new discussions about new aircraft, about new airports (?!), ...
        Not only these everlasting companies, Boeing, Airbus, United Airlines, Lufthansa, ...

Greetings.

PS: Ah. This is the moment which I always love. The woman remains silent for at least 30 seconds, when she has to acknowlegde that I also have stories to tell.
        (This is the young boys solution how to achieve that the woman remains silent for at least 30 seconds..)

Which was the moment when I joined this platform, back then, 14 years ago. Well. My avatar and my nickname only became clear in mid December 2008.
        If I had become a jetphotos member in 2007 or 2006, today you'd talk to probably a LTU Intl Lockheed Tristar.
        LTU International, here on my home airport between January 1960 and 2009, which in my eyes have been very good years here on my home airport.
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-11-01, 00:56. Reason: The woman remains silent for at least 30 seconds.

Comment

My home airport is SYD/YSSY. Using single runway today because of strong winds!

It is strange because others have submitted photos of this aircraft type, but I am unable to find fo rnow.

Comment

Originally posted by mtaylor334 View Post
            My home airport is SYD/YSSY. Using single runway today because of strong winds!

It is strange because others have submitted photos of this aircraft type, but I am unable to find fo rnow.
            Australia? Wow! That's not exactly my time zone. And very astonishing, the communication between the two of us is clearer and better and faster than when I try to reach my home airport via telephone, or other places which here are within 1 hour by car !

Australia. Very famous for the QF-B744ER . Qantas. Which as far as I can remember was the one and only operator of the B744 Extended Range, worldwide. Wunala Dreams.

Since only the year 2015, Kingsford Smith Intl (ICAO: YSSY) really is on my screen. Sometimes you only get interested when you know what you don't have any longer. I assume,
            you know that phenomenon.

When Qantas has left Germany, I only got interested in Australia. Wasn't that 2015?

The bad thing is, today neither QF nor LH provide flights between Germany and Australia, at least not without CodeShare. Qantas.
            In the future, we definitely share one a/c type for the long haul, which is not the 747.

The A350. Here we fly the A359 since a couple of years, with a range of ... 8,100 nautical miles? But imho, here in Germany nobody has tried yet to fly 8100 nautical miles nonstop
            in an A359.

Lohausen - Kingsford Smith, nonstop?

Even in my favorite aircraft of all times, which is the 747, I don't know if I liked to be on board in an active role (pilot or steward), for more than let's say, 12 or 13 hours.

And now, back on topic?

However, very dear Greetings to Kingsford Smith!

PS: Nothing which I wouldn't try to reach in a Lufthansa Long Haul Jet. But your home airport still is one of these airports on planet Earth
            who still are one or two or twenty miles too far away to fly it nonstop.
            Even for a LH B747-800, and even for a LH A350-900 (!) .
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-11-01, 02:51. Reason: EDDL - YSSY? 8944 nautical miles, this way >>

Comment

I must confess, and yes I know that I'm offtopic for the next 2 minutes, I have asked the internet for an option for the "Kangaroo-Route",
              which under this name even in the German wikipedia exists.

If I had to book this route tomorrow, here, on a Lufthansa desk, it'll probably look like that:
              LH #778 to Singapore -- a/c type B748,
              then connected to
              probably Singapore Airlines, via CodeShare.

Although I'd really be curious to see the cabin of a Qantas jet from inside, for the first time in my life.

And now back on topic, if you really really have to...

Comment

The aircraft is available under Homebuilt Aircraft.

And pls ignore LH-B744
                “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Many thanks for your help Erwin!

Comment

Working...
                  X