Unknown Aircraft Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Aircraft Type

I recently took a photo at a paintball field of an old private jet. While examining the construction of the aircraft it is evident that this is not a replica and did in fact fly at one point, however, there is no registration or data tag on the aircraft and no one at the field is aware of this aircraft's history. The aircraft is very beaten up, and it is very difficult to try to identify except for certain features that are present. The aircraft appears to be a low-wing, T-tail aircraft, with roughly 4 windows on each side of the fuselage (similar to a CJ1). The problem with it being a CJ1 is the shape of the horizontal stabilizer, which resembles that of a Learjet. I've additionally tried running old photos of this aircraft through AI programs to try and identify what this may be, and no matter what it is unable to find any aircraft that matches. Below is an old photo, from the company (*NOT MY PHOTO*), of the aircraft when it was first placed at the field (and when it was less beat up). I'm hoping someone may be able to help me in identifying this aircraft.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6487327.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	1162465

I would assume that it is in fact some form of a Learjet, although the APU nozzle is slightly deceiving as well as the windows on the other side of the fuselage (no photos unfortunately). The horizontal stabilizers also do not resemble those on any of the Learjet series of aircraft.

Comment

Where is it located?
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Hard to narrow it down beyond it's either a Lear 31 or 35, based on the extra window behind the exit.
        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

After much research, I would certainly agree that this is a Bombardier Learjet 31A, with the rudder and some other parts missing. The horizontal stabilizers also appear to be the only thing that do not belong to the original aircraft. I think I'll just upload it as a Lear 31A and leave out the reg. and c/n. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Ottawa.Plane.Spotter View Post
            After much research, I would certainly agree that this is a Bombardier Learjet 31A, with the rudder and some other parts missing. The horizontal stabilizers also appear to be the only thing that do not belong to the original aircraft. I think I'll just upload it as a Lear 31A and leave out the reg. and c/n. Thanks for the help!
            Again. Location? This can help....
            “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Well, for me it's most likely a Bombardier Learjet 35A, without its engines and the cylinder shaped thing on its wing.

Here's a photo of Learjet 35A from JP(I just picked one of those that has a better angle) :https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10897459

And you can see the emergency exit painted black, and in your photo, it's somehow gone.

Comment

Sorry Erwin, this is paintball mirabel in Montreal.

Comment

Working...
                X