Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Wild Thing WT-01

Hello,

I recently took some shots of a Wild Thing WT-01 which I'd like to upload to JP but comparing the existing options in the manufacturers' list with the information on the aircraft data plate causes some trouble - maybe you can help me with that.

Existing options in the database:
    • Ultralight Aircraft
      • Ulbi
        • Ulbi Wild Thing WT-01
        • Ulbi Wild Thing WT-02
    • Homebuilt Aircraft
      • Air Light
        • Air Light Wild Thing

The aircraft data plate gives the following information:
    CODE: WILD THING
    URHEBEP (patent): F.R. KURTZ
    HERSTELLER (Manufacturer): S.C. AEROSTAR
    AUFTRAGGEBER (client): AIR-LIGHT GmbH
    BAUTYP (type): WT-01
    SERIALNUMMER (MSN): 99 04 049
    BAUJAHR (year of construction): 1999
    Comparing this to the existing entries in the database it seems like none of these fits 100% with the aircraft data plate.

Assuming that this aircraft was built before the manufacturers' name changed from 'Air Light GmbH' to 'Ulbi' (which seems to be legit as the plate says so) a correct entry might be:
    • Ultralight Aircraft
      • Air-Light
        • Air-Light Wild Thing WT-01
    I don't think this very aircraft was sold as a built-at-home kit, nevertheless if it was a kit the existing entry 'Homebuilt Aircraft' might not be 100% precise (as there are WT-01 & WT-02 variants).

Before I try to create some wild new database entries for this aircraft and give the decision on this topic to the database screeners I'd like to ask on here how to treat this aircraft.

For example, if you say 'use the existing Ulbi option' I'm fine with that. I'd just like to know how detailed / accurate the available information should be transferred to the database.

Thank you!
Working...
X