This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category help

I have recently had shots of Pilatus PC-12 and Piaggio P180 aircraft rejected for "categories wrong or missing".

I don't know what I am doing wrong. Are these aircraft "small prop"? Are they "business jet"? I didn't think so, but am I wrong?

Viv, there is a forum dedicated to such matters, I'll move this thread there!

Comment

They are definitely not Business Jets. I would upload the PC-12 as 'Small Prop' and nothing on the Avanti.

Comment

AJ, thank you. I will put the PC-12 as "Small Prop". The Avanti shots (2 of them) were rejected for category even though I ticked none of the boxes ...

Comment

Probably a mistake from the screeners. If i remember well the CN was missing too. Just reupload with the CN added and no category selected. thanks

Comment

Thank you! Will do.

Comment

What makes a 'Night Shot' a night shot? Evening and Morning shots fit in that catagory but why are some rejected and others not? Are there certain hours? Certain lighting? Do Screeners look at the EXIF data to see what time the shots were taken? Sorry for the what might seem silly questions - I'm just trying to cut down my rejection ratio and save the Screeners some time. Thanks!

Take care,
              Brad

Comment

I quote from the upload guidelines :

"Night Shot: Depict an aircraft in night/dusk/dawn lighting?"

So as it clearly says the sky must show typical coloring for dusk/dawn. So to answer the question, the time the shot was taken is not important, the light shown in the photo is.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                  They are definitely not Business Jets. I would upload the PC-12 as 'Small Prop' and nothing on the Avanti.
                  G'Day AJ - could become a bit subjective - I usually draw the line at a Beech 1900 - anything "smaller' becomes "small prop". The physical size between the P-180 and the PC-12 is hardly debateable. For me this seems to work and I have not (yet) had any rejections for category using this rule of thumb.
                  RobB

Comment

Thanks for the answer Seahawk. I can understand that I guess although it's kinda sad I think. I like to think we're here as photographers and learning to take photos in low lighting is a skill (that I'm still trying to grasp!). I know there are some GREAT (and without a doubt) night shots at JP and some stunning one's with nice color in the sky. I hate the fact that they get rejected for 'underexposed' when in reality, it's just low lighting. Anyway, I guess I'll stop trying to upload photos that are just 'dark' without color in the sky. Thanks again for your help!

Take care,
                    Brad

Comment

Nigtshot is not meant to be used as an excuse for a underexposed/dark photo. That however does not mean we would reject a photo that was taken as low-light shot, if the shot itself is porperly exposed, neither does it mean we would reject such a shot because of nightshot selected, when the shot was taken in the evening or early morning.
                      Shooting in low-light quickly takes you into an aera where the shots become borderline for acceptance into the databse. Even a technical good shot might not make it if the circumstances were against it, because in the end we only see the final result and if it looks like an underexposed shot taken in a grey day, then it will be rejected for dark/under.

Looking at your recent rejections that were rejected for dark/under, I must say that very few were rejected primarily for that and this problem seems fixable on most of them by better post processing. I would suggest to ask for help in the editing forum.

Comment

"Looking at your recent rejections (Wow, you can do that! I had no idea anybody else could see them.) that were rejected for dark/under, I must say that very few were rejected primarily for that (Yes, you are right) and this problem seems fixable.." (Really!?!?!?!...that's good to know!)

Thanks once again for your help!

Take care,
                        Brad

Comment

Originally posted by SkyNevada
                          "Looking at your recent rejections (Wow, you can do that! I had no idea anybody else could see them.)
                          Only crew memers have access to rejected pics

Comment

Working...
                          X