Help with aircraft type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with aircraft type

My sister is editing a book about Elrey Jeppesen (the man who founded the Jeppesen company that supplies sectional maps etc to all of you aviation types) and ask for my help identifying some airplane types in the book. I think I know them but would appreciate your help verifying my information.

Curtis JN-4 Jenny?

Ford Tri-Motor?

I have no idea. Is this an Alexander Eaglerock Biplane?

Thanks for the help.
    Scott.
    My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

I would say you are spot on on the first and third ones however I don't think the middle one is a Ford Tri-Motor.

As you can see it carries the 'Boeing Air Transport Inc.' logo (later United Air Lines). This would lead me to believe it is a Boeing Model 80:

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
      I would say you are spot on on the first and third ones however I don't think the middle one is a Ford Tri-Motor.

As you can see it carries the 'Boeing Air Transport Inc.' logo (later United Air Lines). This would lead me to believe it is a Boeing Model 80:
      Thanks AJ. I totally agree that the airplane is a Boeing Model 80.

Scott.
      My photos at JP.net

Comment

Hmm the second one looks to me like a Sopwith Tabloid.

Comment

Originally posted by ollieholmes
          Hmm the second one looks to me like a Sopwith Tabloid.
          The second one? Didn't we just discuss that??

Comment

I guess you mean the third one. The tabloid had a much more rounded upper cowling without the gills at the top (behind the pilot in the original photo)
            Tabloid:

Eaglerock:

Comment

That third airplane has got to be an Eaglerock. Jeppesen lived in the Denver area where these airplanes were made, so it just makes sense that he would have one. Thanks for the help AJ, my sister is going with the Curtis Jenny, Boeing and Eaglerock as the airplane types.
              My photos at JP.net

Comment

Working...
              X