Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Category for this Yak's?.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Category for this Yak's?.

    Hi.
    I want to upload few pics from last weekend and would like to know which category I should tick.

    1st
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....earch=RA-3343K
    Prop?

    2nd
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....earch=RA-1095K
    Prop also? Warbird?

    Thanks for your help.

    georg
    ________
    MuscleAmor
    Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 07:10.

  • #2
    Small prop yes. Warbird no, i would not class them as vintage either.

    Comment


    • #3
      Warbid/Vintage for BOTH please Georg.

      Remember the Civilian Genre also

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Will M
        Warbid/Vintage for BOTH please Georg.

        Remember the Civilian Genre also
        Thats interesting. Ive recantly uploaded some photos of Yaks without the Warbird/Vintage ticked and they got accepted.

        Comment


        • #5
          That does only mean, that the screener didn't notice the mistake

          Gerardo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks, guys. I will do so. What's exactly meant with vintage?

            georg
            ________
            Novana Residence Condos Pattaya
            Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 07:11.

            Comment


            • #7
              What's exactly meant with vintage?
              I wondered if someone would crack open that can of worms.

              My personal opinion is that vintage is anything 59 years old or more.......

              ........but that's only because I'm 58 years old.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by brianw999
                I wondered if someone would crack open that can of worms.

                My personal opinion is that vintage is anything 59 years old or more.......

                ........but that's only because I'm 58 years old.
                Exactly my question. What to this site is Vintage? To me certainly aircraft built in the 80s are not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This link might help to solve part of the question...http://www.russellw.com/photoalbum/biases_and_rules.htm

                  Basically, up to 1950 ( Airliner and GA ) = vintage.

                  I think there may be a good reason to now include a "Classic" airliner category( Airliners only, not GA aircraft ) . Such a category could be defined as "Airliners produced between 1950 and 1970"

                  Discuss ?
                  Last edited by brianw999; 2007-07-13, 21:55. Reason: spelling. (too much red wine !!)
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by brianw999
                    This link might help to solve part of the question...http://www.russellw.com/photoalbum/biases_and_rules.htm

                    Basically, up to 1950 ( Airliner and GA ) = vintage.

                    I think there may be a good reason to now include a "Classic" airliner category( Airliners only, not GA aircraft ) . Such a category could be defined as "Airliners produced between 1950 and 1970"

                    Discuss ?
                    Personaly aeroplanes over 30 years old are vintage, so anything build before 1976. So generaly speeking anything built after the mid 70s is not vintage.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks again. Both pics are online now.

                      [photoid=6018005] [photoid=6018001]

                      By the way, I saw that this thread was moved from Site Related to here? Did I really posted in the wrong forum? Thought I was in the Av Photo Forum.

                      georg
                      ________
                      Sahiansexy cam
                      Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 07:11.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yak-18s are clearly vintage http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-18

                        Planes designed in the 40's-50's are vintage imo, but there will always be grey areas like a kc-135 built in 1956 in USAF service (there are quiet a few of those old ones in service in 2007...)... is it vintage ? for 95% of people it wouldn't but if you think it was built 51 years ago... well, and we do consider Travolta's 707 as vintage so...
                        This example is to show you that it's really hard to have a fixed time line. If you have a doubt, please leave a note to the screener to tell him or her that you're not sure. we will always consider those borderline cases and most probably we won't reject it only for that reason (category)

                        Best Regards
                        Alex

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi Alex - food for thought. Perhaps the JP Crew can set a standard and stipulate what is considered as Vintage/Classic etc. This then alows "us guys" to tick the appropriate box and we all conform to a set standard. What the "set standard" actually is - can be debated and agreed by the Crew - afterall it is "our" database of aircraft.

                          Also, if we have a boarderline case where one is not exactly sure - and with the comment to the screener - the screener can make a judgement call and tick the appropriate box and publish.
                          RobB

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RobinB
                            Hi Alex - food for thought. Perhaps the JP Crew can set a standard and stipulate what is considered as Vintage/Classic etc. This then alows "us guys" to tick the appropriate box and we all conform to a set standard. What the "set standard" actually is - can be debated and agreed by the Crew - afterall it is "our" database of aircraft.

                            Also, if we have a boarderline case where one is not exactly sure - and with the comment to the screener - the screener can make a judgement call and tick the appropriate box and publish.
                            Also what frustrates me is the upload page does not always seem to remember the categorys ticked for a registration. If this was consistant it would make it alot easier for people to get the correct categorys.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi. It's me again and after I got some category rejections lately I have to ask if these are Warbirds too?

                              [photoid=6041545]

                              In my eyes no, but I'm not sure and b/c I have many more pics from this Museum I ask the Pro's here.

                              Thanks.

                              georg
                              ________
                              house wives Webcams
                              Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 07:12.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X