Please Help - Unidentified Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help - Unidentified Types

Hi all, I am hoping to use this thread to identify types listed as 'Unknown' on the database.

Can we start with this one?
    [photoid=10946]

Looks like a PT-17 Kaydet (Stearman) to me...

Comment

Agreed PT17 Kaydet. I will show it to a freind later who flys a Stearman to confirm it. Might even be able to get a reg.

Edit:
      Definatly a Pt17. I have also submitted a correction for it.

Comment

Ive just been through the list of unknown aircraft and the amount of airport overviews in there suprised me. I corrected alot of them, i will do more later. There was also several fire trainers, my question is are they aeroplanes? For me i dont think so, so why are they in the database.

Comment

Oliver, I realise you're trying to help, but comment such as "How can you guys miss this" don't do much, especially as the photos were added before there was a standard for airport shots. Additionally you have entered the data in the wrong fields on all the airport corrections

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
            Oliver, I realise you're trying to help, but comment such as "How can you guys miss this" don't do much, especially as the photos were added before there was a standard for airport shots. Additionally you have entered the data in the wrong fields on all the airport corrections
            Appologies there, id had a bad day. Which way around is it and i will submit them all again unless it has already been done.

Comment

Looking for a registration for this Avenger:
              [photoid=155726]
              [photoid=155731]
              [photoid=293155]
              Thanks!

Comment

Second Edit:

Definatly N9590Z - Owned by the Collings Foundation.

Good site for warbirds is www.warbirdregistary.org

Comment

Ollie, small spelling mistake on the Warbird Registry link. Should read....www.warbirdregistry.org Good link that, saved it to my favourites.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I've found another picture of the Stearman but its a very low res version. The occasion was the 2002 Albury Airshow. Don't know if anyone can make out the reg. ?.......

Comment

I think it might be VH-RAC but cannot find a picture anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                        Ollie, small spelling mistake on the Warbird Registry link. Should read....www.warbirdregistry.org Good link that, saved it to my favourites.
                        Ooops typo, my excuse is i had just got up. It is a briliant site but at times a bit out of date.

Comment

Thank you Ollie!

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                            I've found another picture of the Stearman but its a very low res version. The occasion was the 2002 Albury Airshow. Don't know if anyone can make out the reg. ?.......
                            I dont know of any Stearmen sites.

Comment

Working...
                            X