Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, this aircraft is considered small prop? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9724341

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by RFS1393 View Post
      Hello, this aircraft is considered small prop? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9724341

thanks
      Nope
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Hello,

got a rejection due to "bad info - airline" https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8414762
        The picture shows a brand-new registration for an old cn but the registration was a former fleet-registration of an authority. At the tail is the old company-logo of a former owner, who operated this aircraft simply for his company.All other infos are correct, I did research and found out the former registration and owner.
        I took "unknown" because the current new owner is private and unknown, but still no airline. So what to choose?

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebee View Post
          Hello,

got a rejection due to "bad info - airline" https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8414762
          The picture shows a brand-new registration for an old cn but the registration was a former fleet-registration of an authority. At the tail is the old company-logo of a former owner, who operated this aircraft simply for his company.All other infos are correct, I did research and found out the former registration and owner.
          I took "unknown" because the current new owner is private and unknown, but still no airline. So what to choose?
          You answered your question yourself : upload it as "Private"
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Yep, you're right. During each new session after a while I always have fingertrouble finding through the categories... Today at a 2nd trial I've found the right one for the picture mentioned above.

Comment

• Would a C-40A be considered a business jet if its registered to the USN?
              Thank you in advance

Comment

• I’m trying to submit a photo of a turbo-prop aircraft to the queue, but I’m confused weather or not I should tick the small prop box.

thank you!

Comment

• Hi,

Small prop category goes by the size of the aircraft.

As per the upload guidelines:

Small Prop
                  To be used for small props which have been designed for up to 10 passengers.

Kind Regards,

Thimo van Dijk

Comment

• Originally posted by Thimo View Post
                    Hi,

Small prop category goes by the size of the aircraft.

As per the upload guidelines:

Small Prop
                    To be used for small props which have been designed for up to 10 passengers.

Kind Regards,

Thimo van Dijk
                    thank you so much.!…silly me, my first instinct should have been to look at the upload guidelines, but once again thank you.

Comment

• I'm pondering whether the Piaggio Avanti is "small prop" or not. My instinct would say "no" (twin prop in a genuinely bizjet-role), but the guidelines say props designed for up to 10 pax ARE "small" (the P180 is built for 7-8 pax).

Your advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertMahar15 View Post
                        I’m trying to submit a photo of a turbo-prop aircraft to the queue, but I’m confused weather or not I should tick the small prop box.

thank you!
                        A very good question! I just wondered if jetphotos is the best platform to talk about Turboprops.

And you just gave me the answer. Yes!

Honestly, I have never in my life tried to seriously upload one jetphoto to the jetphotos queue (!) . My being here is rather defined by.. knowledge about my home airport,
                        and knowledge about my favorite airline, and knowledge about my favorite aircraft. All three are to be found in my avatar, or in my signature.

Is a Beech B200 still a small prop?

By range I'd say, no. A twin propeller with more than 1000 nautical miles range in my eyes is no longer small.

So, how do we define a small propeller. Up to 10 passenger seats. And what about an Antonov An-2P. No twin turboprop, and no turboprop at all, but designed for up to 12 passengers
                        (according to wikipedia).

In my eyes, a Beech B200 is rather a small twin turboprop, but I'd not decide for 'small prop' in case of the B200 .

Good to see that this platform, which I love so very much since almost 14 years, is also good for propeller talk .

Greetings.
                        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

• Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

A very good question! I just wondered if jetphotos is the best platform to talk about Turboprops.

Greetings.
                          Well, that reminds me of another question, Is jetphotos a good site for uploading glider photos?
                          And I do not mean gliders, that are equipped with a jet engine.
                          And also, are gliders equipped with a retractable propeller considered a small prop?
                          Potentially, the small prop question can even apply to ME-163 Komet as it is equiped with a really tiny propeller, but maybe Komet would require a special "Tiny Prop" category.

Comment

• Is a KC-135 supposed to be cargo category?
                            View my photos at JP.Net
                            Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                            Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                              Is a KC-135 supposed to be cargo category?
                              No.
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Is there any category needed to be ticked for an image of a Boeing 737-500? The aircraft is already almost 30 years old. Please tell me if there's anything needed to be ticked thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X