Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one......SAS or SAS Braathens ?

Rather quick airline title changes eh ?

Got me a little confused when I was uploading Charline November.
    But I chosed to upload it as Braathens.

I believe the aircraft does belong to Braathens, and not "SAS", although they are sisters. Unless there's some rotation going on in the fleet..

See the following thumbnails and dates.
    Registered as Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)
    February 19, 2008
    [photoid=6181664]

Registered as SAS Braathens
    August 11, 2007
    [photoid=6068297]

Registered as SAS Norge
    August 04, 2007
    [photoid=6035625]
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Well,

I don't know the upload rules, but usually you upload a photo, using the name thats on the aircraft....

Screeners usually have the task to check this...

Don't now if JetPhotos has such 'rule' ?

You can also choose to use the registered airline name (if different) or even the current aircraft-'operator'.

---

The following is info from the Norwegian CAA:

LN-RCN SAS Strukturinvest HB
    c/o Scandinavian Airlines System
    Stockholm
    Sverige

Operator
    SAS Braathens AS
    0080 OSLO
    Tlf. 6759 7000/ Fax 6759 1309

Boeing Commercial Airplane Group, 737-883, 28318.

---

Regards, Chris.
    Latest pics and more:
    CLICK HERE

Comment

JP Screeners will normally reference the JP Census, which is also available to you here:
      Aircraft Census Database for CN MSN 28318,Boeing 737-883,LN-RCN. Online jetliner photo database, featuring thousands of high-quality photographs of jet airliners, discussion forums, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
        JP Screeners will normally reference the JP Census, which is also available to you here:
        http://www.jetphotos.net/census/airc...id=737NG-28318
        Cencus is outdated.

But if you checked after the 2007-06-01, the photographers are using SAS Braathens instead of SAS Norge.

I usually just look at the last recent accepted photo, (what the "very last" photo was uploaded as)

Only "once" s
        ee [photoid=6035625]was the Norge used, but since August 11, it turned back to Braathens.

So whether using NORGE or Braathens, I would guess, we could base the airline title that it say on the fuselage ? Unless it shows other else on it.

Sorry for being hardnosed.

Comment

There are many aircraft painted as Hapag-Lloyd or Hapagfly or HLX that are infact TUIfly,
          There are many aircraft painted as TAP Air Portugal that are infact TAP Portugal,
          The list goes on.

JP lists them by the present operator whenever possible.

Comment

When i upload pic`s of SAS, i choose SAS Norge for the planes that says SAS Braathens on the side, or is repainted with the norwegian flag on the nose and back, and SAS for the others. I think Braathens should be off the list as the airline is long gone.. Seems a little weird that one can choose Braathens on the list for an 738 when in fact braathens never flew one SAS Norge even has its own atc-callsign "scanor", while rest of the company has "scandinavian"..

Comment

Originally posted by petru26
              When i upload pic`s of SAS, i choose SAS Norge for the planes that says SAS Braathens on the side, or is repainted with the norwegian flag on the nose and back, and SAS for the others. I think Braathens should be off the list as the airline is long gone.. Seems a little weird that one can choose Braathens on the list for an 738 when in fact braathens never flew one SAS Norge even has its own atc-callsign "scanor", while rest of the company has "scandinavian"..
              SAS Norge it is then...
              This is the stuff I was looking for. Distinguishing the proper airline title they should be uploaded as, regardless of how many airlines there is out there already with the same "issue".

Thanks to AJ for bringing up the cencus at post #3

Thanks for your replies.

Comment

I am hearing that SAS Norge has been absorbed back in to SAS, is that true?

Comment

I searched the net for some infos, but found nothing. If their website is accurate and up-to-date, then the group structur looks like this:

quoted from: http://www.sasgroup.net/SASGroup/default.asp

As you see, there is still SAS Norge somewhere. But I don't know, if this means, that SAS Norge is still operating flights or not.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Righto, SAS's Norwegian operation has been bought back under the SAS AOC, as a result SAS Norge ceased to exist as an operator on 30 Sep 2009.

Comment

Working...
                    X