Info Errors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info Errors...

I have a question reguarding photo id errors that have made it to the database, or additional info?

I was bored at work one day and started going through all the P-3 pictures at the other site. I can across quite a few errors in the way the P-3 was id'ed. I sent in the fixes, but still haven't been fixed. Have also sent emails to the staff. Nothing.

If that were the case here, who does the change? Database admin? Is the photographer notified? I even sent emails to the photographers there, but the slim few who did reply, they were nothing more than the "Holyer than thou" attitude, and said I had no clue what I was talking about and basiclly told me to pack sand.

I was just wondering, haven't noticed anything here.

Some of the errors I refer to are:

BUNO wrong
    Designation wrong. IE a P-3A listed as a P-3C
    Some of the additional comments totally out in left field.

To me having the correct info better represents the photographer and website. After having worked on P-3's for 20 years, and just about every designation out there(and their are a few lol) I thought I'd pass on some good info, but was basiclly slapped in the face. Hope that's not the case here. I fully understand especially with military aircraft it is hard to get it right the first time on a lot of aircraft. The P-3 is by no means any easy one. There are so many designations out there its nuts. Even a lot of us who work on them have trouble with them LOL.

Here is one from Jetliners: LINK

It is labeled as a P-3B with the BUNO of 153436

The aircraft pictured is a VP-3A. You can tell by the Dogleg HF antennea on the tail. Only the VP-3A have them. EP-3E's also have them, but clearly this is not an EP-3E.

153436 is in fact a Bravo BUNO, but their were only 5 VP-3A's converted.

149675 - Not the aircraft in the photo, Missing the CINCPACFLT logo at the Main Cabin Door.
    149676 - Not the aircraft in the photo. Missing the CNO logo, at the Main Cabin Door.

150496 - Is "Catbird" which was assigned to COMNAVEUR in Sigonella. Missing the "Catbird" logo behind the nose radome, along with the COMNAVEUR logo at the main cabin door. And IMARSAT Antennea on the upper Fuselage.

150511 - This would have to be the aircraft pictured do to all other planes being eliminated by distinct features of the other four aircraft

150515 - Has two aft obserber windows. One as like the rest just forward of the star in the "Stars & Bars", and another just after the star. This aircraft has the Admiral's Cabin in the aft of the aircaft, being the reason for the second observer window.

There were five aircraft converted, and none of them are alike.

There were also two(off the top of my head) P-3A's converted to UP-3A's and had what was called a "Partial VIP" kit install which consisted of airline toilets, airline seats, full galley, but there wasn't a private Admiral's Cabin, nor the communications packages that the VP-3A's had.(With the exception of 150605, she did recieve the IMARSAT system.) COMPACFLT had 150605 which was used as logistics/support aircraft for 675 and also sometimes flew CGFMFPAC (3 star Marine general), COMNAVAIRPAC had the other 150526 and being a only a 3 star didn't rate a cabin, but the job had him traveling quite a bit to rate an aircraft. This aircraft is currently on display at the museum in Misawa, Japan. She developed a wing spar crack there and was deemed a strike bird, so she was donated to the Japanese and thier museum, Misawa is also one of the 7th Fleets P-3 bases.
    -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
    -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.
Working...
X