Serial number rejections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number rejections

Had these four rejected for "Bad Info in the following field(s): Serial Number/CN"

I used the autofill function and didn't add anything - should I have done? I thought the autofill was sacrosanct.

Any clues?

From the upload guideline:
    1.1.1 Auto Fill

On most occasions the Auto-Fill will provide the all needed informations including the CN for you, so please use this first.

Note: The auto-fill feature will only reflect what is already in the database. If that information is wrong, you will get a badinfo reject unless you check the information yourself. Please, check the infos given by the auto-fill.It's up to the photographer to upload the correct informations.

Privately owned aircraft should be uploaded with "Private" as airline. The option "Unknown" should only be used, if there is no way to find out the correct airline.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Very helpful - still don't know what's missing. Is everyone here as helpful as this?

Comment

I thought it was clear enough. The auto-fill is not sacrosanct, as you say. It helps you to fill out the infos, but it should be checked by the photographer and corrected or completed if needed. Was that clear enough now?

Comment

As far as I can see my photos had the same info as those already accepted. I still don't know what is missing. I guess I never will.

Comment

Well, if you had asked "what are the correct infos?" then the answer would have been different. I answered this question: "I used the autofill function and didn't add anything - should I have done? I thought the autofill was sacrosanct."

I'm no expert on military, but here goes:
            http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2124434 : nothing found, try an appeal

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2124427 : CN: "D", just as you uploaded at A.net (Photo ID: 1387629)

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2124425 : CN "223-54", source: www.scramble.nl

Comment

I'm no expert on military, but here goes:
              http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2124434 : nothing found, try an appeal

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2124427 : CN: "D", just as you uploaded at A.net (Photo ID: 1387629)

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2124425 : CN "223-54", source: www.scramble.nl
              So I take it that the default position to reject the photo when there is no CN, whether one is available or not? Seems a bit unfair to me.
              Did the existing photos on the database of these aircraft get through on appeal or were they accepted straight away?

For WS838, "D" isn't a CN it's an identification code.

The source you quote in the thread for military aircraft help didn't list the F-100D, I guess I didn't look hard enough.

Not going to bother appealling though - not much point is there.
              I can assume the 6 in the queue I have taken in museums without CNs will all be rejected now. Ah well.. I'll know better in future.

Comment

I stand corrected on WS838.

TBH, I don't know, what you are trying to show here. After your last reply, to me it looks definitely like bitching, whining and moaning around. So I'll stop it here.

Comment

All I wanted was an explanation for some rejection. I still don't know why mine were rejected but others with the same info accepted.

Jetphotos -the friendly way to fly - what a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by dereknf View Post
                    All I wanted was an explanation for some rejection. I still don't know why mine were rejected but others with the same info accepted.

Jetphotos -the friendly way to fly - what a joke.
                    Ever heard of a mistake? That's why the appeal function is there

Comment

Let's try and settle this.

WS838......appeal the rejection. A c/n is not shown on www.scramble.nl which is the guru site for all things military.

The F100 c/n is clearly shown on www.scramble.nl

For future reference...if there is no c/n in the autofill and no c/n in the other pictures present, if any, then look for it elsewhere. You don't have to move mountains. Search Google on the registration for civil reg's and Google AND scramble ( if Google doesn't come up with anything ) for military registrations and c/n's.

If those two simple searches don't come up with anything then upload with the c/n field blank and leave a message in the "note to screeners" box re: what you have done.

EVERY time I screen a picture that has no c/n I do this. If Google and scramble don't give me the information then I'll accept the picture, but if one or the other does give me the information then I'll reject.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

If you've tried all the right avenues to get the C/N and haven't found it, then just leave a note in the note to screener's box and they will understand. They usually have with me in the past. A few years ago screening standards were not as strict as they are now, so shots with less info, such as the CN missing, would be accepted. Now that there's a lot more resources available to find things like CN's, they aren't as lenient about letting that kind of stuff slip by. And nor should they be, since usually that stuff is VERY easy to find. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and think that you didn't know about scramble.nl
                        So just reupload with what you know now. Is that so horrible?

Comment

Working...
                        X