Serial number help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number help

OK...this one is a bit old, but I have exhausted the numerous ways on the internet to try and get the serial number for this bird. On 16 Oct '06, I was shooting the Red Flag event, and the Thunderbirds were pulling this one out of the hanger, apparently to go to the paint shop to ger her new coulours. I have asked just about everyone I know to help with the serial/const number for this bird so that we can properly track this craft, but to no abvail. THis is perhaps a futile chase, as no one in thye civilian world knows, and I have also contacted and spoken to the proper military personnel about this, so now I reach out to our folks hoping that there is someone out there who has the savvy, nowhow, and conections to get this. Here is the picture..good l;ick and hopefully we will get a result

This F-16, new(?) to the Thunderbird fleet, was on its way to the paint shop as it passed by. Perhaps we saw it fly at Aviation Nation in November.... . Lockheed Martin F-16C Fighting Falcon. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Cheers,
    Tim

Because the Thunderbirds rotate their aircraft around ( the numbers are just stickers) I think it would be impossible to get the true registration number. Even if I see the painted version with the #2 Sticker there's no way for me to be sure it's 87-0329, but that's a serial that comes up so I've used it.

As a screener, I wouldn't rejected for this info. With no aircraft number we wouldn't know which one it's going to be after leaving the paint shop.

That's a cool catch!

Comment

Kill the thread

Ok...kill this thread. I think that we will never know the serial number of this plane. It is only the obsessive/compulsive side of my manic brain that NEEDS to know this. Since I saw it at Nellis, and asked everyone that I know who may know, and they either 1) did not, 2) could not), 3) would not 4) had no f#$king clue about we will call this corpse now dead. 'Twould be nice to know, but C'Est La Vie, we will never, never know.

RIP thou sweetest of planes...you shall continue to fly, but unknown to those of us who obsess of thy numbers. Fly well, fly far, and fly fast. Thy task is to enamour those who would fly thee hence. Embibe them with the fortitude given those with the grace of those who fly now. Embelish thy name on the sky in which thou flyst. Grant those who seek heavenly wisdom the chance to grab hold of it through thy stength. And above all...show us thy power!!! Amen.

Thus endeth the reading of St. Nellis.

Regards,
      Tim

Comment

Working...
      X