A380-841 vs A380-861

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380-841 vs A380-861

I was just reading up on engines, specifically RR vs EA on the A380. Wondering if I could tell them apart, I looked at some JP photos.

Much to my surprise, there are 573 images of F-WWDD in the database (with EA painted on the engines) listed as A380-841 and 150 images of the same aircraft listed as A380-861. I thought 4 was the engine code for RR Trent, shouldn't they all be listed as -861 or am I way off here?

Two examples:
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6894561&nseq=0
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6894487&nseq=1

P.S. Probably a little "who cares?", but I happen to be very curious
    P.P.S. Does anyone know what the "1" stands for in A380-8x1?

As F-WWDD is a test aircraft it has had both engine types installed, thus changing it's designation.
    Look for the RR or EA painted on the engines to tell them apart! Here is proof of RR engines:
    [photoid=5735444]
    Dutch's photo is unfortunately bad info.
    Last edited by AJ; 2010-07-28, 06:14.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
      As F-WWDD is a test aircraft it has had both engine types installed, thus changing it's designation.
      Look for the RR or EA painted on the engines to tell them apart! Here is proof of RR engines:
      [photoid=5735444]
      Dutch's photo is unfortunately bad info.
      I would have sworn I've uploaded her as 861. Anyway, correction is on the way
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Thanks, it's done!

Comment

Since this is already a A380(F-WWDD) topic I would like to know if it needs a catergory?

[photoid=6894487]

I think it's already mentioned somewhere else but the search option gave me nothing

Comment

No category required.

Comment

Working...
            X