Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSZC vs. LSMU

Hi,

As "resident" spotter at Buochs LSZC, I sometimes check data and suggest corrections. What confuses non-locals is the ICAO code. Since the Mil Ops ceased at Buochs Air Base (LSMU) in 2004, the airport is referred to as Buochs (LSZC).
    Several uploads post 2004 still were uploades under LSMU, hence I suggested to change to LSZC, for both, civil and airforce aircraft (the latter occasionally operate just for transport purposes through Buochs).
    However, before 2004 the ICAO referrer was LSMU. Ten years later in 2014, the sleeping base was reopened for the Airforce and the Fighters took over. Some spotters were present and uploaded at the location LSMU Buochs Air Base.

Now, for some reason, I just noticed that ALL images, formerly uploaded with location LSMU, have been changed. It appears that jetphotos has dropped the ICAO code. However, there's still a few pics returning, my overviews in particular, which also have the "Registration" set to LSMU. www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?regsearch=LSMU

I think it's sad to see "Buochs Air Base" was just dropped completely, therefore I'm seeking for some clarification. What were the reasons to decide like this?

Thanks for any answer

Cheers Mirko

Any comment by Database Admins etc. on that post? Thanks heaps!

Comment

Like you said LSMU is closed. So all shots are now on LSZC. I can correct your shot to LSZC.
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
        Like you said LSMU is closed. So all shots are now on LSZC. I can correct your shot to LSZC.
        Thanks Erwin, but Those shots, where LSMU was an active Airbase - I don't see why they have been changed to a designator for a new civil airfield...
        The history of the field where any airport gets a new designator should be kept imho. I was just seeking to understand the reasons why old shots, where aircraft operated on a different ICAO code, have been overwritten.
        Why ist the history deleted?

Comment

Working...
        X