Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDDM Munich airport - no check for similar pictures

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EDDM Munich airport - no check for similar pictures

    Hey guys,

    since a few months there is question popping up whenever I upload pics at EDDM Munich airport. The pop-up asks if I mean the old or the new (well new, opened in 1992) airport with the same airport code EDDM.

    Since then, there is no more check if I already have a picture of a certain reg at Munich causing similar rejections. So I have to manually check every single reg I upload if I already have a similar picture in the database.

    Can this please get corrected?

    Thank you for checking.
    Oliver



  • #2
    Oliver,
    It you upload a picture of an aircraft which you already have a accepted photo of at the airport you should be able to see a box that says:
    Note: You have 1 photo of the same registration/airport combination in the database

    This box will pop up just above autofill.
    Best regards

    Peter Lund

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Peter Lund View Post
      Oliver,
      It you upload a picture of an aircraft which you already have a accepted photo of at the airport you should be able to see a box that says:
      Note: You have 1 photo of the same registration/airport combination in the database

      This box will pop up just above autofill.
      I know this box. It does NOT appear when you upload at EDDM - because of the extra popup.


      Comment


      • #4
        I can confirm Olivers issue. I tested with some registration I uploaded myself from Munich from different dates and never got a warning. While recently uploading pictures from other airports I got the warning. I think Oliver is right that it has to do with the "old" and "new" airport.
        View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KampfHase View Post
          Hey guys,

          since a few months there is question popping up whenever I upload pics at EDDM Munich airport. The pop-up asks if I mean the old or the new (well new, opened in 1992) airport with the same airport code EDDM.

          Since then, there is no more check if I already have a picture of a certain reg at Munich causing similar rejections. So I have to manually check every single reg I upload if I already have a similar picture in the database.

          Can this please get corrected?

          Thank you for checking.
          Oliver
          Request that fix as well...really annoying
          those 5 pics per year compared to over 7000 in 2018 should let us find a solution here...

          Thx
          Last edited by kaese2002; 2019-08-26, 17:26.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for reporting. We have added this to the backlog.

            Just to confirm, is this for all airports? or just in the case where there are 2 airports with the same code, as in the case of EDDM?

            Thanks,
            Laurence

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by laurencefr24 View Post
              Thanks for reporting. We have added this to the backlog.

              Just to confirm, is this for all airports? or just in the case where there are 2 airports with the same code, as in the case of EDDM?

              Thanks,
              Laurence
              At other airports with unique codes it is working fine. I cannot remember another airport with this popup window, so it probably is happening at all airports with 2 or more older one with the same code.


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KampfHase View Post
                At other airports with unique codes it is working fine. I cannot remember another airport with this popup window, so it probably is happening at all airports with 2 or more older one with the same code.
                Thanks- we will try to look into it shortly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by laurencefr24 View Post
                  Thanks- we will try to look into it shortly.
                  Any news on this? I still have to check every reg manually, if I have pics of this reg at EDDM. No automatic check using auto fill.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KampfHase View Post
                    Any news on this? I still have to check every reg manually, if I have pics of this reg at EDDM. No automatic check using auto fill.
                    No, unfortunately not. We have not had time to look into this.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X